Sign in to follow this  
Arne

[2011] What did you do to/with your S30 today?

Installed rear brake hoses

Installed gas filler surround and rubber flap

Painted transmission

Painted interior parts

Primed front grill, rear licence plate holder and two tail light surrounds

refreshed SU carb one more to go

Edited by Blue

Installed my A/C compressor bracket and Sanden 508 compressor this afternoon. It's mounted where the air pump was located. I should have the A/C components installed by the end of the week. Then I need to get the hoses made.

I've also decided to redesign the center dash ducting to provide a bit more "directed" air flow. Hopefully I'll be able to get some time on the 3-D printer this week to fabricate it.

The goal is to have the A/C working for my trip to SOCAL.

Rear differential installed.

Fuel, evap, brake lines in tunnel finally fit and refreshed clips with ss hardware installed.

E Brake and rear shoes adjusted and completed.

- rod from handle to intermediary fixture was SAE rather than metric. Lots of old rusty hardware. Had to tap new metric ss captive nuts to fit.

Gas tank hoses to fuel send/return installed

Protective plate that blocks wheel debris from hitting fuel neck installed.

Gas door hardware installed.

Clutch fork boot installed.

Getting ready for transmission and propeller shaft then engine then interior :)

Flying to NJ with SU carbs for rebuild over next 3 weeks.

Cleaning my White 72 up - after its road trip to Savanna. About 800 miles round trip..some rain, some bug guts..

Noticed that the rubber on the windshield wipers were crumbling with age. So off to the parts store for refills.

FWIW,

Carl B.

I finished "dressing" my engine in preparation for the upcoming install. Now to get it off the stand and onto blocks for the flywheel and new clutch kit, then to get the tranny bolted up. Fresh carbs are by our good friends at Z Therapy. Thanks Bruce!

Jim

post-22303-14150815813633_thumb.jpg

post-22303-14150815814185_thumb.jpg

In 3 days i've had my starter, alternator, 4 batteries (kept using sears free replacement warrant until the new alt showed up) and now the fuel pump replaced..

At least everything died at the same time, after 35 years they all finally gave up

measured & cut my A/C hoses. Need to order one fitting before crimping & installing the hoses.

Drove my car this evening, late. Normally do not drive at night but the dash lights looks great with the new bulbs in - all are changed but the speedo - that is going to be tough without or without removing. Speedo lights all work but just not as bright as the new ones (of course with the upgraded parking light harness!!). Next project is to adjust headlights - gotta find a 155.5 foot parking lot without many lights so I can make my adjustments.................

I acquired a '71 240z as a parts car. Jacked it up to replace the wheels for transporting it and the floor pan on the pasenger side fell out, LOL. Gravity pulled the floor pan off.

I acquired a '71 240z as a parts car. Jacked it up to replace the wheels for transporting it and the floor pan on the pasenger side fell out, LOL. Gravity pulled the floor pan off.

Bedrock Nissan Dealer?

FREDDY.gif

Too bad it's not right hand drive for that to work out.

YAAABAAADAAABAAAADOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Looked at the seller's pics of my 280Z once again while I wait for the shipping company to pick it up to bring it to me....sigh.....

Installed a fire extinguisher last night. It's the only improvement I remember ever doing to a car that I hope I never need to use. :)

Been a long time since i was here.. My 260 has been sitting in my garage since 2007, only moved a few times as life got busy (and i now drive a Lexus IS-F, which put the Z on the back burner).

Decided to bring her back and get some cruises in- of course the passenger wheel cylinder leaked and drained the MC, the driver side was a rusted hulk, etc.

Long story short, she is running well, and has all new brake hardware- ready for NY inspection Monday.

Can't wait to take a nice ride through wine country again!

Jeremiah

Edited by AxtellZ

Today I changed the intake/exhaust gasket, gasket blew on the intake side of #6 cylinder. Also replaced the drive shaft yesterday. After I did the gasket I had to do a quick test drive and get some gas, wile I was gasing up this guy walks up checking out my car and says he had a 260 back in the day then he starts smelling my engine, Z-car freaks are wierd.

this guy walks up checking out my car and says he had a 260 back in the day then he starts smelling my engine, Z-car freaks are wierd.
That's funny as hell!

Got my headlights back on after following the link to clean the carbonization off the combo switch, started the car to go to work this morning, died on the road in front of my house. Lots of cranking, either spark or fuel issues. I guess I'll have to wait to drive in the evenings.......sigh

Turned over 74k miles today. Drove 288 miles through the Oregon Cascades with two other Zs. Some great roads and great scenery!

Today I put my baby up for sale on ebay. :cry: That's all I have to say about that.

Saw it this morning....sweet car! I know you are hating to see her go......

Edited by fandsw

Thanks, and yes, I am hating it but it was the right thing to do. It is not perfect but in the right hands I know it will be.

Installed an air horn - great sound - much louder and more brilliant than the stock horns. I left them installed (just dewired). Easy install with a enclosed relay.

77839 - Compact Italian Air Horns

http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/car+accessories/exterior+accessories/compact+italian+big+truck+sound+air+horn.do?search=basic&keyword=horn&sortby=newArrivals&page=1

Drove up to Boston and spent the afternoon with Baddog. It is always a pleasure to see his Rebello powered G-Nose. (I think it is the perfect Z). This time it was at the Lars Anderson museum. There was a Japanese import show with lots of Datuns from the ZCCNE including modern GT-R's. My fav. oldie was a silver 1600 roadster. I met a few folks from the club then we crated up a dash bound for California.

Got to see a 65 Ferrari 275 too!

post-7641-14150815963664_thumb.jpg