IGNORED

[2011] What did you do to/with your S30 today?

Arne

Put in a clutch master & slave cylinder. The slave cylinder literally fell apart while I was driving. Now if I can just figure out the trick to loosening up the drum pads to change the wheel cylinders then all is good :)

All depends on your tire height, diff ratio, what tranny, engine size and mods, cross-winds, weather, altitude. etc, etc.

114 MPH is respectable for a stock 280Z. The same motor, trans and diff in a 240Z would bring a higher top speed in a 240Z as they are a little lighter.

I've personally done 130 MPH in my 240Z with a rebuilt 2.6, stage 2 cam, 6-into-1 header, 2.5" exhaust and turbo muffler, ZTherapy SU's, 79' 280ZX 5-Speed trans, 3:90 LSD R200 diff, 17"x 9" Rota RB's with 275/40ZR17 Hankooks, etc, etc.

Light weight, strong motor, Optimal weather conditions @ 200ft above sea level, etc, makes for great top speeds.

Started the process of swapping my stroker motor from my street car to my track car. The stroker is out and stripped to the short block. Lots of cleaning and little details to take care of while the motor is out. I'll miss the wonderful power of the L30 on the street but with a built head and a set of 44s it's going to be a blast on the track.