IGNORED

'69 240z, #299

spitz17

Looks like my 379... same blue on blue. She's done. Strip usable parts and crush... sad :(

How can you tell so much from the pictures? I don't see any major damage.

The driver's side floor pan is not rusted through, The only visible dents are the one on the front of the hood. I don't see any major rust-through. Engine and transmission still in it and hooked up. Suspension components ans wheels appear to be intact. Looks like it is missing some interior and exterior parts, but has all of the glass.

Too bad it's so far away, the leaves and moss might be hiding a good project. It seems like #299 would be worth the effort. I'm new to the Z game though so maybe not.

After reading the last post in the old thread it sounds like the car is in even worse shape now http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showpost.php?p=307177&postcount=81. At least the seller has dropped his price from a $1,000 reserve to $300. The seller should have taken the $511 bid when it was first listed on ebay a couple years ago. If it wasn't a parts car before, the four trees falling on it have probably sealed its fate. There may be a few early parts on it, or at least some series one parts worth saving. It looks like AWC and EvilC were both interested in it at some point. Maybe one of them will buy it.

-Mike

Things might have changed since those pictures were taken, looking at the old 2008 thread. I didn't realize that they were so old, and that this conversation has taken place before.

I read through it but didn't see anything about four trees falling on it. That would change the situation.