IGNORED

When is it time?

Pilgrim

What happened to your Fiat after only having it for 5 years to necessitate being put in storage ever since?

I drove it while in college, graduated in 1973 and it wasn't a car I could use for business, so I left it in storage at my parents' place (they had a big storage building.) What with my moving around and never having storage room, it stayed there for 24 years until 1997 when they moved into a smaller home - I trailered it from Washington state to Texas, later from Texas to Colorado, and I've had it taking up one side of the garage since 1997. It's time to sell it or drive it, and I don't want to sell it - at least not partially disassembled. I've recently had the gas tank cleaned and patched, rebuilt the brakes and got it running (that carb was nasty). I also have good tires on it. The body is ready for paint, and I'm on the track of a new windshield. I still have work to do on it, but I've not had the time to get to it. At this point I'd rather sell the Datsun than the Fiat.

Yes, I know the Fiat isn't a bulletproof car, but the 1958 series is so simple to work on that it's a joke. Basic car, 64 HP and 4.60 rear end gears - actually decently quick (for its day) up to 50, top end at 5200 RPM about 73-75 MPH.

And more fun than anything to drive in town. This goes back to the day when cars had limited capabilities, so you could drive them hard in town and seldom break a traffic law!

Edited by Pilgrim

Do you have room to keep them both? If so, unless you need the $, park the ZX for awhile and focus on the Fiat. Like my MGB and Z, your Fiat and ZX are very different cars (although both 2 seat sports cars), so each has its own unique driving experience. If you can swing it, keep them both and induldge both driving experiences whenever you feel like it.

If you need the space or the $, then I would sell the ZX, no question.

Good luck with your decision!

Cheers,

Doug

So - I changed my mind.

I want to prove to myself that I DO have time to work on the Fiat, which needs more than the ZX. I'm putting a car cover over the ZX and parking it for a while - probably till next spring. I'm going to work on the Fiat and prove that I can allocate time to do it. If I can't, then I'll decide whether to sell one or both.

But I don't want to sell the ZX and then discover that I'm just not willing to make time for this. That's a different issue. If nothing else, I'm going to retire in 5-8 years, and I could hang onto it till then.

So - I changed my mind.

But I don't want to sell the ZX and then discover that I'm just not willing to make time for this. That's a different issue. If nothing else, I'm going to retire in 5-8 years, and I could hang onto it till then.

Good plan!

Dennis