IGNORED

Too Intense Restoration trustworthy?

Scaotty

Olzed, you might want to point out that since you're in New Zealand, few companies bother to ship overseas at all. Motorsports does, that's a feather in their cap.

Troy at Too Intense Restoration has been selling Z parts for a long time. It's a one man operation as far as I know, but in my dealings with him, he's been honest and fair. I'm not aware of it being his sole source of income, but it may be. I do know that at one time his wife was involved until she passed away.

Others may have had problems, but from what I've read in their posts, some of it is due to expecting the vendor to bend over backward appeasing them. IMO, some of those rants are exactly that ... rants.

Troy has helped bring back parts that are now mainstream items at other vendors, and is also the sole source for others.

That being said, call and/or send in your parts order but remember that like another vendor for other Datsun models that I know of, these guys don't have time to reminisce with you about the history of your car and how well it has or has not performed for you. Call, get the information you need, order your part and pay for it. It's forums like these where you can chit-chat about how many miles it's been since you last did something.

2¢

E

Dealt with them in the past, had good experience.

Had delay in shipping when he went on vacation, but that was the only thing I can say negative about him.

Products good and he apologized a million times.

Edited by mlc240z

Dealt with him in the past. I bought something on eBay from him and it came broken. He hounded me to hell and back before I wrote him off. That was years ago. I suspect he might have been just pissed at the world because he was one of the most totally unreasonable people I have ever dealt with. Given that he is still in business, I wonder if he hasn't mellowed or changed his ways. I might try him again if he had something I need.

I purchased some parts from him earlier this year. I have mixed feelings about it. It took several weeks to get the parts after getting an email that the parts were on their way. Then they turned out to be the wrong parts. I tried and tried to get in touch with him about the mistake but to no avail. Then one day after I had written him off he finally replied that he had been out of town and not seen my emails, voicemails, etc. He did ship me the correct parts (or at least most of them). There were some vinyl bits that I haven't been able to find and am not sure if they were never sent or I somehow lost them. Eventually I ordered the part from another vendor as I didn't feel like going through the hassle of trying to contact again. Overall I think he is a good guy at heart but lacks a lot with the business. Good luck.

carl

• 6 months later...
Im wondering if anyone has been successful in purchasing anything from these guys. The website is www.datsunrestore.com. The company name is Too Intense Restoration out of California. They have a few things i would like to order, but am unsure of their trustworthyness. Any help would be appreciated.

I got a three hundred dollar gift certificate in December of 2007 for Too Intense Restorations. They will not answer thier phone! I place two different orders with them by way of fax and was faxed back that all the items I ordered were not in stock and they did not expect to get anymore. I have not been able to get a reply from them for a couple years or longer. The last thing I ordered was a window channel felt kit, headliner kit, and Datsun t-shirts and never hear anything back on that order. The guy Troy is a crook and should be called Too Intense Robber and should have his picture wearing a mask and holding a gun on his website. I buy from Motorsports in Southern California and have had excellent service from them and they stand behind what they sell. Your not going to believe this but they even answer thier phone and send you something for your money unlike Troy.

Thanks for nothing you crook!:finger::

Obviously, something is going on. You don't go from being an equitable and reliable business as TIR was to being thought of as a 'crook' without some explaination. By the way, robertsjeff, I'd watch calling a person or business out like that on a public website regardless of what you've been through. That's the stuff upon which defamation suits are made of.......

I got a three hundred dollar gift certificate in December of 2007 for Too Intense Restorations. They will not answer thier phone! I place two different orders with them by way of fax and was faxed back that all the items I ordered were not in stock and they did not expect to get anymore. I have not been able to get a reply from them for a couple years or longer. The last thing I ordered was a window channel felt kit, headliner kit, and Datsun t-shirts and never hear anything back on that order. The guy Troy is a crook and should be called Too Intense Robber and should have his picture wearing a mask and holding a gun on his website. I buy from Motorsports in Southern California and have had excellent service from them and they stand behind what they sell. Your not going to believe this but they even answer thier phone and send you something for your money unlike Troy.

Thanks for nothing you crook!:finger::

I can relate to your feedback about TooIntense. Did a complete resto of my 73 in 2008/2009. Many, many, many thousands spent at various supplier : Motorsport, BlackDragon, and multiple independant sellers on Ebay, Craiglist, Classiczcars.com, Zcar.com, etc... Only one supplier gave me many problems with lost order, wrong order, shipping delay, bad customer service : TooIntense