IGNORED

door window nylon guide

mikemerkury

• 1 year later...

I don't mean to hijack this thread but is there a supplier of this piece? I've been looking for an hour on google, ebay, this site, MSA and zcarsource for one. My driver's side runner or whatever you want to call this thing is broken and the window falls out of the track and the regulator completely when rolled down.

Any thoughts on making one out of a chunk of plastic on the band saw / scroll saw? I think aluminum or steel would be a pain, and probably bind in the track / oxidize, no matter how greased it is. If someone has a bottom window track from a broken window and this piece is intact, fire a PM over to me.

• 5 years later...

If I may pile in on this discussion, albeit slightly off topic.

I am just in the process of reassembling the window mechanism, and as a couple of others have mentioned here that includes greasing the sash assembly.  When mine came apart it had an extremely heavy grade of grease.  This was stuff you didn't wipe off with a rag, but rather scraped and pried off.  It was real grease, but nothing you could ever run through a grease gun.  Is that kind of grease a factory installation that should be replaced with like, or is normal chassis grease OK?   

7tooZ

Thanks - I'll heed your advice and go with lighter stuff.  But having said that, mine would seem to be one of those mysteries to be found in most close-to-half-century cars.  I have no idea why someone would install this hyper-heavy grease (meant for use on railway couplers?  I have no idea).