IGNORED

stock speaker locations.

OhDearAudrey

For those who are "upgrading" their monaural radio to "synthetic stereo" (two speakers hooked up in parallel), this might be the only way to obtain a replacement speaker.

The original speakers were 4 ohm, and of an odd size... 5-1/8" and not the "standard" 5-1/4" speakers commonly available for cars.

The size just barely squeezes in to the bracket, but the resistance is critical. Finding a 4 ohm speaker is difficult, hooking up two 8 ohm speakers in parallel to the monaural signal overcomes that.

FWIW

E

• 3 months later...
You believe correctly.

Wow guys, this is amazing learning to me. Its going to be a year since I got my 240z. I was all jazzed that the original radio worked but I thought I had to fix "the other speaker". I replaced the old antenna and saw the speaker but even after changing the gas tank filler hose, I didn't think to notice there was no other speaker! Well that's another thing off of my list! LOL