IGNORED

OEM Weatherstrip $

kjphilippona

I have tried to use some of the WS we make, all have a very large lip and do not fit very well on my z. We make trunk lid and tailgate profiles that i will try one day, i have so much to do that i could work on it 24hrs a day and spend 100k and still not get done :disappoin

Well ordered a kit along with the door ws from BD, got it today and i have made a mistake. A lot of the pieces when you need more than one, the order page will tell you, this does not work for the .65 plastic clips. It does say 6 required, but when you click on the part # it will only enter one and this is what i got. Called customer service and all she had to say was "O well" Thought they would at least offered to send me the 5 remaining clips for free. :mad:

I ordered my clips from MSA. They come in packs of 10. You need 6 per side I think, 3 for the upper and 3 for the lower.

I got my weatherstrip yesterday. Went through the box. Not one part has the name of where it goes. Guess I have to pull out the catalog and compare part numbers.

My kit came with 15 rubber pieces. I thought the kit was 17 pieces. How many did you get?

Sorry for any misunderstanding but i didn't order their prepackaged WS kit. Give their CS a callmaybe you will have better luck than i did. I did not need the cowl, windshield, quarter windows or rear hatch at this time. I got WS for the door's first, They were in the worst shape, i did notice that they did come from (Thailand) : (

Edited by kjphilippona

• 2 months later...

Finally got the time to replace the door and body side weather strip on my '77 280Z. Fit was very good, the usual hard to close and open door, not making a show car so i am happy. Now those quarter windows, looked in the Wickes book, it does not show what the seal looks like on the quarter window installed on a car, just the parts breakdown. Can the damaged seal be replaced without removing the window? Everything i have tried to fix no mater how careful i am, something else breaks.

post-20308-14150812071165_thumb.jpg

post-20308-14150812071497_thumb.jpg

post-20308-14150812071899_thumb.jpg

post-20308-14150812072249_thumb.jpg

post-20308-14150812072603_thumb.jpg

Edited by kjphilippona

Rather late in this thread, but FAIW, I had to replace the door strips on my first 280Z when the car was only 8 years old. (It was a harsh environment.) I bought the stripping from my local Nissan dealer. It cost $$$, but it was genuine Nissan, and it was still fairly new rubber. When I was done, I recall it being harder to close my doors (with the new, genuine Nissan stripping) than when I finished replacing the stripping on my current Z with BD's stripping (only yesterday). Moreover, the fit is easing up much faster on my current Z with BD stripping than on my old Z with Nissan stripping. Anyway, I think a tight fit is just the nature of the beast.

FAIW, I'm generally of the opinion that old, genuine Nissan rubber is still old rubber. I prefer new aftermarket rubber wherever possible.

Edited by FastWoman