IGNORED

OEM Weatherstrip $

kjphilippona

Yes it is part of the kit that is sold by MSA and BD, but everyone seems to have a problem with closing their doors and have gone to using WS from KIA.

I used the kit from MSA , Precision, when I ''restored'' my

'73 and am not having problems. I do need to close the doors firmly but not a big deal. If it were a Lexus I would not be satisfied. But on a old car it is expected. They seal well.

I did have the doors off the car while doing the ''restoration'' and adjusted them with the new gaskets in place. Expect the need to adjust your doors with new rubber is applied. And for a while , until they crush some to proper shape, the closing will be somewhat of a issue. I haven't found it to be a big deal. Last I heard Nissan still had the gaskets. By the way, those that were having issues with the gaskets were driving '70,'71,and '72 240s. Not 280 Zs.

Gary

I bought factory weather strips for the doors probably 10 years ago for $180 per door if I recall. They were harder than the aftermarket stuff and really required me to slam the door. I think they had been sitting on a shelf for 20 years. One split almost immediately, the Nissan dealer warrantied it for me and the second one stayed on the car for a long time but it too was way too tight and started splitting before I took it off the road about 7 years ago. Not impressed with the Nissan parts at all especially for the price.

I would go with one of the newer car weather strips that fits. I think there is a Kia right now that fits, a while back it was a Hyundai. Do a search and I think you'll likely find a better/cheaper alternative.

FYI, Precision kits (which MSA sells) are not available until at least January. They "damaged the molds" according to MSA and MSA and every other dealer I talked to yesterday is out of stock.

MSA does still have individual gaskets but the cost goes up significantly.

I ordered the Black Dragon kit because I had no other choice and was told that it is not made by Precision (although I am skeptical about that being that every other kit I found advertised was a Precision kit.)

I would suggest ordering a kit if you need it from BD before they run out. You may be waiting a long time for an aftermarket kit if you don't.

My 00000010 cents.

John