IGNORED

Manual to automatic transmission swap

conedodger

i have every thing including the console its black i have no use for it its just taking up space its all in good condition i hate to trow it away but i dont like keeping stuff that i dont need if u wanna take it ill give it all to you for 50 dollars if u want u can give me your center console ill give you mine but i know the automatic console is easy to convert let me know if u want it if not ill have to take the transmission to the junk yard so i can get the core for it hahaha

Ten years ago I converted my 72 240 from auto to manual. Not too hard.

One of the local 'experts' on 240s told me I would have to change the diff as well. This sounded rubbish to me so I left it as was. ie 3.5. This car is now a breeze to drive with plenty of poke and quite a cruisy drive if thats what we want. 2600 rpm in 5th at 60mph or 100kmph.:beer:

i got all u need to convert ill just be trowing it away ill take the transmission for a core at the junk yard so if u dont want the transmission u can take the other parts starter torque converter for free let me know before i trow it transmission is not included im taking it to the junk yard to get my core i just dont wanna waste a good parts the i have no use for so let me know if u want it its free

• 3 years later...

hi new owner of a 240 and is there a big difference on the auto to manual trans with the distributor? just found out i have the auto distributor, can you give me any info you might have on it that would be awesome