IGNORED

Early 72' Rear Brake Cylinders. Got 2 ?? PLEASE!!

Dave, I will be picking up a 72 rolling chassis for parts this weekend, not sure of the build date as yet.

If you still need some parts, and if they will work for you. I'd be glad to help you out.

I will know more on Sat afternoon.

Dave

Dave, When I went through this on my 71 I went with 77-78 280Z backing plates/wheel cylinders. The setup is really standard compared to what we are used to seeing. The wheel cylinders just bolt on and cost $10-$15 each with both cylinders being the same. The wheel cylinders fit many different years of cars and will be available and cheap for a long time.

The swap was a bolt on, however the outer axles do need to be removed to swap the backing plates.

Dave...

Dave, When I went through this on my 71 I went with 77-78 280Z backing plates/wheel cylinders. The setup is really standard compared to what we are used to seeing. The wheel cylinders just bolt on and cost $10-$15 each with both cylinders being the same. The wheel cylinders fit many different years of cars and will be available and cheap for a long time.

The swap was a bolt on, however the outer axles do need to be removed to swap the backing plates.

Dave...

Thanks Dave,

As weird as it sounds, I'm actually trying to keep the 72' on the stock side. With the exception of the Urethane air dam, Triple Webers, and a few other small upgrades, she's basically staying sorta-stock.

Though I may have to pull the stub axles to repack the bearings. They spin WAY TOO EASILY for my taste, or at least in my experience.

Dave

Those are the ones. And it's great to see that the bleeders are out and able to be actually "Bled".

Hold onto them as I have a couple on the way. (BIG Thanks to Roger Wayland and Bart in NJ-mlc240Z) They may be an easy money maker for you in the future.

So let me see what comes in the mail and what I have to work with and I'll let you know. I really apreciate all the help I've gotten from all the great members around here. A lot of people definately "Stepped up" to help a member in need and on a tight budget.

Thanks again to EVERYONE!!!

Dave (and the Green Bean Z)

No problem Dave, I can hold them for you as long as you like.

I am dismantling the rest of the car as well, so if you need anything else let me know.

It had no motor or trans but there are still some useable items there.