IGNORED

Early 72' Rear Brake Cylinders. Got 2 ?? PLEASE!!

I've looked every where and these things seem to be made of *Unabtanium*

The Previous Owner of My New (to me) Green 12/71' 240Z BROKE the bleeders off the rear wheel brake cylinders. I actually found Stress cracks in the blocks from the bleeders being tightened too damn Hard.

I can't even drill them out and seem to be screwed at this point......

If you have a spare set of the PRE-6/72 Rear Wheel Cylinders, PLEASE let me know what you'd like for them, if you'd like a Headlight Upgrade Harness for them or what. The car is in the air and stuck there till I get these situated.

So Please look around your parts and see if you have a set of Left and Right early 72' brake Cylinders for me. You know I'd really appreciate it.

Dave

This is my ruined Right side cylinder. For comparison. You can see the stress crack near the bleeder hole in the 2nd picture. and a little on the 3rd pic.

post-4921-14150811080514_thumb.jpg

post-4921-14150811081016_thumb.jpg

post-4921-14150811081444_thumb.jpg

post-4921-14150811081875_thumb.jpg

Edited by Zs-ondabrain

OK, So I can use the later model wheel cylinders as well. All I need to do is bend my bridge line (hard line) to fit into the hole in the different location.

SO, Does anyone have ANY 240Z pair of wheel cylinders (late 69' to late 73') ????

Don't make me Beg. I suck at it.

Dave

Hold on...... wait a minute.......you mean I get to help out Dave (maybe) instead of the other way around????

Let me check the originals from my 5/71.

They worked when I pulled them, but I would advise a rebuild.

You'll have to clean them up but should be usable.

Just to confirm, hard-line comes off at an angle, bleeder on the opposite angle?

Let me know, I can take some pics if you need.

p.s. You're married, we all know everyone begs at some time!!

Edited by mlc240z

Your '70 is far from stock, so why not take the opportunity to upgrade it to discs? The ModernMotorsport adaptors with S13 calipers and '84 Z31 rotors would make future brake work much easier. I have drums on both of mine, but if I need any major parts, they will be replaced with discs. I hate working on drums.

EDIT: Oops, I reread and see that this is your 12/71 car. I guess I don't know how stock that one is. You could always steal the brakes off the '70 and upgrade that one as I said.

Edited by Jeff G 78
I'm an idiot and didn't read closely

Hold on...... wait a minute.......you mean I get to help out Dave (maybe) instead of the other way around????

Let me check the originals from my 5/71.

They worked when I pulled them, but I would advise a rebuild.

You'll have to clean them up but should be usable.

Just to confirm, hard-line comes off at an angle, bleeder on the opposite angle?

Let me know, I can take some pics if you need.

p.s. You're married, we all know everyone begs at some time!!

The Pics in Post #1 and the pic in Post #2 are both correct. And the ones I need. If you could do this, I'll owe ya big time Brother. I'd be most appreciative and the wife will also thank you cause I'm running around the house Bitchin and moaning to no avail.

Your '70 is far from stock, so why not take the opportunity to upgrade it to discs? The ModernMotorsport adaptors with S13 calipers and '84 Z31 rotors would make future brake work much easier. I have drums on both of mine, but if I need any major parts, they will be replaced with discs. I hate working on drums.

EDIT: Oops, I reread and see that this is your 12/71 car. I guess I don't know how stock that one is. You could always steal the brakes off the '70 and upgrade that one as I said.

Correct, the 12/71 is the naughty culprit. It's stuck in the air while I try and procure a decent set to replace the Broken ones I just tore off.

Disc brakes would be great but we're still talking needing a few hundred at minimum to do the upgrade and parts swap from the 70 to the 71'

Though I like the way ya think.

Dave