IGNORED

Leather seat photos wanted

steve91tt

Mmmmmm... me likey!!!
Nice seats, and easy to adapt to other cars. But they are a bit hard to find in good shape, as only a few of the E21s here in the states came with them. When I retrofitted a pair into my E21 323i, I ended up paying over $800 for them buy the time I found a pair, had them shipped and then had them re-upholstered. Not cheap...

• 1 month later...

I have a pair of Recaro style (not real ones, but simliar style and lower price tag) seat that I'd like to put in my '71. I think the name on the seats is something like "Design Touring". Of course the bolt pattern doesn't match up. Any suggestions on building a bracket to get these bolted in? Thx!

• 10 months later...

Steve, if you are going through the hassle, I would give some serious thought to different seats. I understand the desire for originality, but like many upgrades to these cars, better seats make a HUGE difference in drivability.

My long term plan is to complete the installation of some '93 300 zx seats I picked up. But for now I'm running Miata seats. These look like they were built for the car, but more importantly, they enable you to use the steering wheel to actually steer the car instead of using it as a lever to keep your butt in the seat when taking hard turns. The original seats lack both the side bolstering and the bucket on the bottom portion to effectively keep you planted. You can always keep the originals around as garage seats, and reinstall them if you are ever so inclined.

Anyone have pictures of Banzai motorworks seat cover set? Im planning to purchase those but i'd love to see BIG pictures before i deciede. They state in their website that those covers are made by the same company that did seats for the Z-restoration program in 90's.