IGNORED

Let's Paint it Yellow

motorman7

OK, Rear glass is in! :) Had to remove the metal trim to get it in. Will post pics later. Going for the front windshield now :rolleyes:

OK, front is in. Nothing cracked or broken. Will do the metal trim some other day. Time to bleed brakes.

Edited by motorman7
front finished

As a suggestion, you might drive it around for a while without putting in the rear part of the interior, checking for gas fumes or exhaust fumes. Leave the windows up and put fuel in it and check of raw gas fumes. Driving around with windows up then down for a while in all directions will reveal any exhaust fumes you might be getting. My interion has been in and out several times untill I finally got it all sealed up. I can smell new carpet now. :)

Bonzi Lon

As a suggestion, you might drive it around for a while without putting in the rear part of the interior, checking for gas fumes or exhaust fumes. Leave the windows up and put fuel in it and check of raw gas fumes. Driving around with windows up then down for a while in all directions will reveal any exhaust fumes you might be getting. My interion has been in and out several times untill I finally got it all sealed up. I can smell new carpet now. :)

Bonzi Lon

That is really a good idea. As of now, I don't have any of the rear interior parts in. Gives me a good reason to take my time on that. I still have only half of the door weather stripping in. The part by the windows is not in yet (I put in the old weather stripping for now. Will put in the new single piece later this week). I filled up this AM and drove into work and didn't notice any exhaust, but I will continue to monitor. The only thing I could smell was the new high temp POR paint that was on the headers. That will go away in time. Then I can focus on exhuast fumes.

I will detail the glass install on the "windshield install" thread. That way all of the info will be in one area. I took about 20 pics of the install and it wasn't too bad once I got into a rhythm. Took me about 1.5 hours total to get the front and back in.

The sides of the car look a little plain. I am thinking of putting on the side stripe instead of the Datsun emblem.

post-19125-14150810938291_thumb.jpg

Rich,

I know this isn't an "original" car, but that's not the OEM stripe. I think you can get one through mally002 though. See my picture for what the OEM stripe looks like.

Bob

Edited by bobc

Will be taking it to work tomorrow. Took lots of pics of the window install. Will blog that at a later date.

Still lots of small stuff to put in, but it's roadworthy :classic:

yes please do blog, thanks in advance :cool:

Got some way cool Taylor yellow spark plug wires from a guy named.... Taylor, go figure. Thanks Randy! They look great. :)

Put the side stripes on today, not bad. I am happy with the look. I think I am almost done with this. I would like to take some nice photos in the sunlight this weekend and then I'll probably end this thread. Thanks for all the help everyone. :bunny:

post-19125-14150811066355_thumb.jpg

post-19125-14150811066962_thumb.jpg

post-19125-14150811067563_thumb.jpg

post-19125-14150811074427_thumb.jpg

Edited by motorman7

I would borderline illegal things for those wheels!

I know, I love them. They were sitting in Les Canaday's shop (CDM) and I thought "I need to have those". I asked him if they were for sale, and he said he really wasn't sure. They were originally for his car. After a couple months, he decided to go a different route on his car so he called me and asked if I wanted them. I said "YES" and was there the next day to buy them before he could change his mind.

I originally got the rims for my '70, but after having them on there for a while decided it wasn't the right thing to do. The '70 had hubcaps for 39 years, it should stay that way. So, now they reside on the yellow car. I like the combo.

I like the look of the side stripe, it ties in the wheels better. I am not too happy with my installation of them though. There are a couple bubbles that I didn't get out. Putting on the stripes is definitely a two person job, One person to keep it straight and the other to smooth the imperfections. Also wish I would have read Bob's post earlier about the correct stripes. I ordered the ones I have from MSA before I read his post :disappoin I may re-do these at a later date. Will leave them as is for now.

I really dig the spark plug wires. Very nice complement to the engine