IGNORED

How do you modify your S30?

Arne

How do you modify your S30?  

163 members have voted

1. 1. How do you modify your S30?

• I don't. Factory stock is where it's at!
    • Period correct mods only. Needs to be a '70s showpiece.
    • Period where it shows, but modern stuff where hidden.
    • Period or modern, who cares? Whatever makes it faster/better!
    • Modern all the way! Bring that classic into the 21st century!

Cibie made a 7-inch concave light that was clear on the top half. It was amazing and very illegal here in the US. I took them out of my 6-volt VW bus and put in 12V bulbs when I purchased my first Z back in '74. They got moved to several other cars/trucks before they were retired after too much pitting.

For me I have kept the my '73 mostly stock in appearance except for Paint color, Euro 240 z front bumper and early 240Z rear bumper.

I have installed a '82ZX engine and a 5 speed tranny. I have added some convince lighting inside , foot wells and in the rear hatch area. I upgraded the Alternator to a Maxima unit and did the headlight harness up grade and H-4 90/100 lights. Small after market ''fog'' lights. Euro Stage 1 springs and KYB struts and lowered the car about 2'' overall. I did install a 280Z Radiator, as well as a ZX ignition. So overall the looks of the Z is mostly original to a non Z person. In my mind my Z is far better than OEM, in that I drive my Z often but not daily . 3 to 4 K a year.

I do all my own work on my Z. I have had help from my friends . Escanlon & Steve F. Roger W. also.

Gary

For my car (1976 - 280) it's fully stock with period correct accessories that I placed on the car in the late 70's and early 80's.

Summer of 1977 - Added rear window louvers and sun shield with 280-Z on it.

Spring of 1983 - Replaced both front finders with stock finders and added rear spoiler, added front air dam and painted complete car to the original 302 Metallic Green. Keeping the car the original color was important to me, it now seems like it is a rear color because I have never seen another one in person.

I am now in process of stripping and repainting the rear suspension and cad plating the bolts and nuts to look like it did when it was new. I want my car to be clean and look like a period correct modified example of the late 70's.

Composit.jpg

Edited by mgood

i kept my 240 stock on outside except for xenon front airdam, but have tons of upgrades everywhere else. just installed a/c and aluminum radiator. 280zx alternator, parking light upgrade, 500 watt stereo, 4 wheel disks, 15" konigs, polished engine components, honda blower motor, blackened bumpers. poly bushings, new springs, thick jute and dynamat, k&n filter, pertronix ignition, hot coil,etc. but as always, it's still a project in works, LOL