IGNORED

Tell me about the Series 1 Bumper "Override" Bar

auzziez

Hi all! 

I know this post is old, but I'm hoping there is a member out there who can help! 

Im trying to locate a rear override bar for my 72 240 z, anyone have one they would be interested in letting go? I have found one through an after market place, but it's so expensive! I've had no luck on eBay or the other sites.  I'm on a budget and just trying to get my girl all beautiful and back on the road!

im happy to pay a reasonable amount including shipping for the bar and hardware to attach.

Please feel free to contact me here or at

Kirareisch@gmail.com

Hope my fellow Zer's can help!

Big Thanks!

Kira

The lil z lady!

The 73 front over rider bar is different than the others.  The mounting points are closer together because the over riders are closer together, completly different bumper, over riders & mountings.  Measure the distance between the center of the rubber on the over riders and the mounting holes on the bar you are going to purchase to know for sure.   On page 1 of this thread I posted a side by side photo of  69 & 73 bumpers and over riders.

Bonzi Lon

I made that mistake several years ago thinking they would all fit - drove to Maryville Tenn  - the Z Barn and bought one - took it straight to the re-chromer in Elizabethton Tenn - came and got when the finished and the damn thing did non line up.........sold it on ebay and started over again

Measure twice - cut once!

Boy guys do I appreciate your assistance on this, as I have been told otherwise! Can you tell me if it is the same for the rear bumper override?

Anyone out there have dimensions on the proper front and the rear override for my 72 240?

Classiczcar members rock! 

Thanks again!

Kira

The lil z lady