Is this a low vin #? - Open Chit Chat - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Is this a low vin #?

Featured Replies

[attach]33859[/attach]

Edited by dhp123166

So can you ''snag'' more parts, or should you first contact the owner ?:ermm:

PM Carl Beck with the info......he tracks the early cars.

  • Author

erased.

Edited by dhp123166

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

A picture would be really nice. Actually a few pictures :)

PM Tony D. I'm pretty sure he knows something about that car.

I am always amazed when these low vin # cars show up. Regardless of condition, after 40 years to find one that just about pre-dates all others is just amazing.

Nice find and as Sailor Bob said, Pictures please.

John

I think I know the "pasture" you found that in. It belongs to a really nice guy out in Filmore. He had a whole bunch of Z's out there at one time. In fact there is a thread going about a Z with a Pantera hatch.

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32962

That picture was taken at his house. In this same thread, I think I even posted something about the shell you removed that tag from (even though I acknowledged in the post I couldn't remember the exact vin#). He wanted to sell the car for about 6k.

Honestly, I'm surprised that he didn't mind you removing the tag. He really took pride in the fact that he had it.

  • Author

Erased.

Edited by dhp123166

  • Author

Erased.

Edited by dhp123166

No need to be so defensive !

I mearly implied at least some more background info needed .

Your very short one liner '' look what I found '' with no other pertinant info

will lead any Z fan to start digging for any info , so without sounding like a jackass you did this to yourself !! What do you expect ? A simple ho hum , or real excitement about a very low vin car ? This sounds like a bait and switch rhetorical start to a thread , and then shoot anyone who comes with potentially negative conclusions ! No personal flame intended here on my part , but I would like to read more about this ''find'' just like any other Zcar nut would. :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.