IGNORED

No water circulation

IdahoKidd

Wow this is a fairly perplexing situation. I'm still leaning on there either being a blockage in the block or as you said some kind of crack in the water jacket that isn't letting water flow. But in that case you would still get an area of very hot water for a time, or at least I would think so.

One more idea to throw out there. Try flushing the system in different areas. What I mean instead of just forcing water through the thermostat housing down try maybe forcing it through the heater core, through the heater return line through the water pump. There has to be a reason your engine isn't getting to a proper temperature.

Jan

I have a product in there now from Prestone and have a demo product to try next that is supposed to be awesome. Not big on Prestone stuff. I don't know the specifics on the new stuff, the service director for GM just spent 8 hours at school on it and came back pretty impressed.

As for the 'stats, yes, I have checked all three on the stove and all three open when they are supposed to. Something is busted inside I am certain of it. But now that I have a little heat, I'm just going to drive it until it breaks. Only downside to that is that it won't break down in a "good spot", I'll be miles from home or some such thing.

Leonard