Engine paint From Classic Datsun Motorsports - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Engine paint From Classic Datsun Motorsports

Featured Replies

I purchased some engine block paint from classic datsun motorsports. I was wondering if anybody else has used the same stuff because the color i have is almost a teal blue, and it doesnt resemble the original datsun blue color.

Here is the color of my block with the CDM paint for reference.

post-19125-1415080931815_thumb.jpg

  • Author

Here is what it looked like on my water pump pulley, with primer:

picture.php?albumid=212&pictureid=1686You cant tell from the picture, but it looks like a dark teal/ navy blue.

Edited by J Shara

Maybe you should contact Les about it, he will be the right to answer.

Chris

I agree. Les knows his stuff and is great to deal with. It looks right to me. What are you comparing it to?

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
Here is what it looked like on my water pump pulley, with primer:

picture.php?albumid=212&pictureid=1686You cant tell from the picture, but it looks like a dark teal/ navy blue.

I agree - it looks way to dark in that picture. Put it on the white floor and take the picture again.. could be it is picking up some of the color from the chair..

I've seen a few engines painted with paint from Les - that look way to teal... Motorman's engine looks about right. The engine block should pretty closely match the OEM bracket/crank pully's etc.

FWIW,

Carl B.

Did you use a dark primer? That can make a difference, too.

  • Author

Yes, it does look a little to teal, and i did use primer, light gray primer though, im comparing it to this, i was under the impression that the original color looked like this:

block1.jpg

  • 4 weeks later...

Banzai Motorworks has the correct color in a spray can if you run out of options, and he is local too.

I've seen block paint from Les and from Tower Paint and they both look "similar" to your picture.

John

The spray paint I have came from Banzai and it is Tower Paint.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.