IGNORED

restoring a z

76flz

From what I can tell from the pics, looks to be a pretty solid car. I would ask for more pics, particularly some of the rust-prone areas. Also, I would see if the seller would throw in the shipping since it's been for sale for a while.

Date Listed 07-Dec-09

Price $7,500.00

Address Saskatoon, SK, Canada

Extremely Rare, Right Hand Drive Fairlady Z. Model GS-30 2+2

2.0 litre in-line 6, 5 speed, independent rear suspension, 40,000 original km

body is extremely good and rust free, car is NOT restored

Car has been in Canada since the late 1980's and is currently Saskatchewan registered

This car is daily driven in the summer only

A fun, very rare sports car just as it is

ASKING PRICE REDUCED to $8000 Oct 10, 2009 far below the appraised value of $11,200 which was based on the overall condition of the car - did not include the uniqueness or rarity of the right hand drive as there were no similar cars to compare it to.

post-6600-14150809319139_thumb.jpeg

post-6600-14150809343939_thumb.jpeg

post-6600-14150809344315_thumb.jpeg

post-6600-14150809344559_thumb.jpeg

Thanks 240dkw I really appreciate it. I wonder how much shipping will be :)

If, through communication with the seller, it seems to be a car that you would buy, I would take your son, fly out to purchase it, and drive it back to Atlanta. It would be a trip that neither of you would forget for a lifetime. The difference in cost between that and shipping it couldn't be compared to the experience for the both of you. I know, easy for me to say!

Just a thought.

Dan

For what it's worth I'm fairly sure I saw this car at Road Atlanta a couple of years ago at the Mitty. It was actually running and being driven but it was in the same bad shape that it's in now. I recall some discussion at the time about the true model. Some knowledgeable people didn't think it was a JDM car but possibly from another RHD market. I don't recall what made them think that, however. The VIN should be stamped into the firewall if it's not in the other obvious places.

Edit: I may have seen the car earlier as well. This one certainly matches the description:

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13941

Edited by MikeW

Found the VIN its GS31001088 if that helps

Dan - I would love... love to have a zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance type z trip from Saskatoon to Lilburn with my boy sans nervous breakdown. However since he is only 2 I think he would consider 36 hours on the road cruel and unusual... if he knew what cruel and usual punishment meant even.

Edited by 76flz

Wow, What an opportunity! You could consider purchasing the Canadian 2+2 AND you will already have a parts car!!

This is a great example of how awesome this ZClub is... You have a bunch of strangers from all over the world with the same interest in a great car, providing our collective knowledge to help each other out.

For the VIN information, you can contact Nissan and they WILL do some research for you. I did this for my Z's and Nissan sent me letters with all of the details of my cars -from the paint codes to the dealer it was shipped to. You have to be patient because the VIN data on the 1st Gen Z's is limited and takes some time for the manual research. I could scan my letter if you would like to see it, just PM me.

Good Luck.