IGNORED

New datsun parts

Big sam

Hi,

I am thinking of getting some parts from "New datsun parts" (carl jaeger)

Has anyone had dealings with this company? Any good?

I bought some parts for my car before. Very prompt and professional!

If you cannot get what you need, try this site,

www.jdm-car-parts.com

If there is not enough, I have shipment almost every month, so I can help you with parts you need.

Esprist

Edited by esprist

I have bought from New Datsun Parts and recieved exactly what I ordered without any problems. Sure, the parts are pricey but there are no surprises and you know the cost up front. The parts I bought were difficult to find elsewhere, so I bit the bullet.

I can only agree with everyone else. Have purchased a number of NOS parts for my series 1, pricy, but very satisfied with all transactions. I have talked numerous times with Carl. He is very easy to work with and will attempt to find any part you may need.

Dan

I'll be the dissenter here. Carl Jaeger really ripped me off on some plug wire clips. -- $40 for a set. Others were charging $10. When I brought this to his attention, he insisted nobody else's clips were genuine Nissan. I showed him pics of Ebay auctions showing clips in genuine, correctly numbered Nissan bags, and he stuck to his stance that weren't really Nissan. He would neither do the honorable thing and refund me some of my money nor accept a return (even if I swallowed shipping). I have a note in my bookmarks that he's a supplier of last resort. If I ever find myself in a position where I need a part I can't find anywhere else, and I can't make the part myself or have a machine shop fabricate it, and my car will not run without it, then maybe I'll be contacting Jaeger, hat in hand. Maybe. However, short of that very unlikely situation, I will never do business with this guy again.

My negative feelings about this guy are far stronger than my negative feelings about reddat. Reddat is sort of sneaky and short on social skills, but he'll at least accept a return -- at least for me. Carl Jaeger will stick with his rip-off, rudely and unapologetically, no matter how polite and reasonable you might be with him.

Be very careful with this Car Jaeger (New Datsun Parts) guy! If he has something you REALLY NEED and can't find elsewhere, then go for it, with caution. However, be prepared to bend over and squeal like a pig!

Edited by FastWoman

Wow, that takes "a bit pricey" to a whole new level. Sorry that happened to you, and I am disappointed about his return issue. Currently he wants $24 for the set of plug clamps... Courtesy Parts (which I assume only sells Nissan parts since they are a dealership) has the same set for $6.14.

So, yeah, a source of last resort, but for that he comes through nicely.

What's with the rip off? The prices were clearly marked, you knew you were paying that going in. Homework is the first thing anyone should do before shelling out that much coin for wire holders or anything.

I don't condone that kind of mark up, that's why you have to do your own research. Courtesy still has a lot of parts for our cars, that is always the first place I go if I need genuine nissan parts. MSA and Black dragon second.

What can I say? I was a newbie, and I was apparently using the wrong search phrases elsewhere (e.g. Ebay). Among the things I was trying to find were door bumpers, which took me to his site. I also found the clips, so I ordered those too. I was dumb, and he took advantage of me. That's why I'm suggesting to others that they be very careful with this guy. Don't trust him, or he'll quite possibly rip you off. Rather, do your homework (as you suggest).

All I can say is that people do make mistakes. (I made one.) However, I expect better treatment from people than I received from Jaeger. I would NEVER treat a customer that way in my own business. Not even close! I feel totally violated by this guy. I would never want one of my clients/customers feeling that way about me. It's just bad business.

Edited by FastWoman