IGNORED

Repair estimate

mchong75

I need help from local 240z - 280z owners. (Dallas, Texas)

Long story short, my 1976 280z was transported from LA to Dallas. During the transportation, my car was damaged. The roof is dented and scratched. The entire hatch glass is broken, several dents and scratched area.

I’ve called around few local Nissan dealerships and none of them are willing to provide repair/parts estimate due to the age of the vehicle.

So, where the heck can I take my car in to get an estimate?

You should be able to find a reputable restoration shop that will be able to source parts, and being that the car is so old, it will be considered restoration work anyways. A good hot rod shop that does body work will be able to do the work. You could also get the estimate, get the check from the insurance, and do the work yourself, just have someone repaint it, but if it ends up costing more that way, you are out some cash and hard work, but hey, its fun to work on these cars anyways

Here are some ideas for you. Contact Zed2 on this board. He is doing a resto here in Dallas, and is very happy with his shop. Search Zed2 on this site. You will only find used hatch glass. There are, or used to be, some pick and pull parts yards off of Jefferson Ave, south of Arlington. Also, parts wanted wanted section of this forum could help you. Contact Steve at Rising Sun in Benbrook, south of Forth Worth. He has a stash of parts, and may actually be able to point you in the right direction. He is very highly regarded Z mechanic, though he doesn't do body work. Put a hatch glass wanted under datsun/ 280z on the Dallas Craigs list. Also, there is a guy on Craigslist in Burleson (see Dallas Craigslist) who is parting some Zs. MSA offers the hatch glass gaskets you will need. Let me know if there is anything else you may need from Nissan. I have access to many of their parts, and frequently can get them cheaper than you will at Nissan.

Adamr

• 5 months later...

One delay after another, she's finally out of the shop.

Front and rear side turn signals removed for smoother look. Front and rear bumper shocks removed. Rear hatch emblems removed.

I still have couple of more exterior work but she's pretty much done with exterior. Power antenna needs to be installed and rechrome 240z bumpers.

I'm not pleased with the amount of the drop on the car. It has a big gap. I should of gone with 16". Current setup is 1" drop with 205/50/15". I'm planning to switch the tires to Yokohoma 205/55/15" thanks to Discount tires 30 day return policy. :)

Next is to find a good reputable upholstery shop for interior restoration.

Here's are some updated pics. I only had my ultra wide angle lens for this shoot so the pics may look bit distorted.

4592619585_480861a1fc_b.jpg

4592617175_4bfcb0cb79_b.jpg

4592614989_963e319613_b.jpg

4592613123_049dddb49e_b.jpg

4593230234_0a78254589_b.jpg