IGNORED

R-T diff mount Group Buy

Zs-ondabrain

Zs-ondabrain...

Aww man...:tapemouth I just came up on this thread...don't remember ever running up on it in the recent past or anything like that...:tapemouth Don't suppose you have the overall dimensions on hand or maybe the actual Solidworks drawing available...have plenty of metal working shops here in my part of the country, so would not be that big of a deal to get me one made up...

webdawg1

Keep in mind if the last few finally do commit to paying, roostmonkey on hybridz has his last batch ready to ship. It just won't have the notch for the brake and fuel lines, but still works well.

I just got back from Kenny's place we helped each other install his rt mount and weld my muffler back on the DD.

Kenny took nice clear shots of the bump stop install with the RT mount.

Thanks Kenny!

Look in the "vendor" forum on hybridz.org

Zs-ondabrain...

Aww man...:tapemouth I just came up on this thread...don't remember ever running up on it in the recent past or anything like that...:tapemouth Don't suppose you have the overall dimensions on hand or maybe the actual Solidworks drawing available...have plenty of metal working shops here in my part of the country, so would not be that big of a deal to get me one made up...

webdawg1

Edited by Darrel

Darrel and Glen (ncolz) helped me install the mount in my '73 yesterday. I had to persuade it a little to get the bolt holes to line up, but other than that the install went smoothly. Once the mount was in we slid sockets of various sizes sideways between the top of the diffy and the bottom of the mount to measure the clearance between them. I didn't get a picture of this, but imagine a socket on its side between the top of the diffy and the bottom of the mount in the first photo attached. Then we measured the diameter of the socket with a caliper. We measured 32 mm and trimmed the bumpstop accordingly.

On an unrelated note, Darrel's welding skilz are on par with mine...ugly but adequate!;)

post-6323-14150809293012_thumb.jpg

post-6323-14150809293289_thumb.jpg

post-6323-14150809293511_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I've tried repeatedly to reach ConchZ, Tarmac and Powerglide, to NO avail.

So I have 2 R/T mounts available to any and all who thought they missed out. Their loss is your gain. Contact me at wolfin32z@yahoo.com or see page #1 of this thread for ordering info.

Once again, I HAVE 2 AVAILABLE AS OF 12/29/09

Dave.

A quick update. Mine has been in the car for several weeks now. I installed it with the stock lower mount and upper bumpstop, not because I had a clunk, but as a preventative measure. My limit strap was original, but intact and appeared to be in fine shape.

But I've found that the combination of stock mount and bumpstop locates the diff much more firmly in place than the rubber strap can. My car is much easier to drive smoothly, much less slop (lash) in the drivetrain now. The difference is noticeable, even in normal in-town traffic.

I'd rate this as a BIG improvement, even for a stock 240Z that isn't driven all that hard.

But I've found that the combination of stock mount and bumpstop locates the diff much more firmly in place than the rubber strap can. My car is much easier to drive smoothly, much less slop (lash) in the drivetrain now. The difference is noticeable, even in normal in-town traffic.

I'd rate this as a BIG improvement, even for a stock 240Z that isn't driven all that hard.

Good stuff. Next thing to try is an extra quarter or 3/8 inch on the bumpstop over the diff. You would obviously need a jack to press up on the bumpstop to get the diff mounted into place. Might be a nice track mod. Probably wouldn't be noticeable cruising around. Figure we all have an extra bump since they come in pairs...