IGNORED

R-T diff mount Group Buy

Zs-ondabrain

Hi Dave' date=' Got mine yesterday. Thanks for doing this. Now, hopefully, you can get back to your 260. As I have said before: YOU DA' MAN!!!!!

Cheers, Mike[/quote']

Good to hear ya got it. I was just telling my buddy that I need to quit screwing around and buckle down on the 260Z. There's so much to do before the April Dead-Line. I hope to drive it to Anaheim or at least Canby, or even the Columbia River tour at the end of April.

Wish me luck.

Dave

ROFL That's hilarious ROFL So what looks good? the Mount or the pictures in the Alternative page? hahaha

Glad to hear all went well. Take any pictures? Did you decide on the GM mount or the bump stop?

Dave

Both looked pretty good! ;) I am going to use the GM mount. My wife asked me why I was reading that tattered up paper when she brought the recycling out. I told her I was looking for sales on a new outfit for her and then showed her a picture of an Asian girl in a teddy and stockings apparently offering massage services. Hmmmm... Company uniform? She grinned. Funny how when you trigger something in her brain she suddenly can't reach her back in the shower and needs me to help...

I will take a pic when I get the chance. I have my 911 up on the lift right now because I blew the heck out of 2nd gear. I guarantee we are talking about more than a $1000 even if I fix it.

I told her I was looking for sales on a new outfit for her and then showed her a picture of an Asian girl in a teddy and stockings apparently offering massage services. Hmmmm... Company u

Now I thought you got the alternative section?? I would have liked the pic of the asian, thats more my style! Mine came with the Money section of USA Today, a section I had already previewed at work btw!

Dave, I almost pulled out my can of POR today for the mount but ended up going to see the Bengals play, I cant wait to finally try my POR15 Kit!

Edited by MEZZZ

Just remember to spray it down with Brake cleaner, then uses the marine clean, then the Metal ready, let it dry (blow it off or paper towel it then blow off any lint) Then POR15 it. Leave it hanging for about 24 hours before removing it from the hanger. I used one of the bolt holes that bolt it to the car. That way the hanger doesn't leave a mark that you'll see after bolting it in.

Have fun and take pics.

Dave

In addition to installing the R-T Mount on my 71Z yesterday, I also installed the curved mustache bar and curved rear link cross member to move the differential back about 1.5inches. The install took a while, about 5 hours, due to some minor complications. I think the install of the mount would have been pretty easy if I had not moved the differential aft to align it with the rear axles (a 70 and 71Z issue).

With the differential shifted back, the GM mount was too far aft of the RT mount. The fix was to flip the RT bracket around and add a hole, symmetric to the center of the bracket, on the other side. By doing this, the bracket and the mount were able to align.

The RT mount was a tight fit, but not bad, into the drive shaft tunnel area. I used a hand jack to lift up the assembly and insert the 4 bolts. I also removed the fuel line clamp.

I still need to do a little adjusting and testing. I need to tilt the nose of the differential up to better align with the drive shaft axis. Also, need to see if that wicked vibration that I used to get at 90 mph is gone. Too much traffic on the freeway this AM to test.

Thanks again Dave for the mount!

Rich

post-19125-14150809140398_thumb.jpg

post-19125-14150809140882_thumb.jpg

post-19125-14150809141395_thumb.jpg

post-19125-14150809141803_thumb.jpg

post-19125-1415080914221_thumb.jpg

In addition to installing the R-T Mount on my 71Z yesterday, I also installed the curved mustache bar and curved rear link cross member to move the differential back about 1.5inches. The install took a while, about 5 hours, due to some minor complications. I think the install of the mount would have been pretty easy if I had not moved the differential aft to align it with the rear axles (a 70 and 71Z issue).

With the differential shifted back, the GM mount was too far aft of the RT mount. The fix was to flip the RT bracket around and add a hole, symmetric to the center of the bracket, on the other side. By doing this, the bracket and the mount were able to align.

The RT mount was a tight fit, but not bad, into the drive shaft tunnel area. I used a hand jack to lift up the assembly and insert the 4 bolts. I also removed the fuel line clamp.

I still need to do a little adjusting and testing. I need to tilt the nose of the differential up to better align with the drive shaft axis. Also, need to see if that wicked vibration that I used to get at 90 mph is gone. Too much traffic on the freeway this AM to test.

Thanks again Dave for the mount!

Rich

Dude! Flipping it and adding a hole voids the warranty! Oh wait... The warranty was only good until you opened the packaging... Never mind...:classic:

See what you get for moving stuff around? Just kidding. Anyways, They're supposed to be snug so expect to help it up there a little. Realigning your diff will throw the other alignments off a little but as you found out, the Mild steel is somewhat easy to work with.

You posted the before pics so lets see the afters as well. I just figured out why you had to remove the clamp, cause the indent is on the other side after flipping it. works either way though, just needed a little rework on your part.

Glad to hear you're happy with it. And remember that you can always convert to the stock mount and use a bump stop to get your diff angle back up where you want it.

Thanks rich,

Dave

I'll use this post to post updated info on orders (requests, payments sent and payments received)

I want 1.......... (1) - Order and Payment Received **ORDER SENT**

vercingetorix.... (1) - Order and Payment Received **ORDER SENT**

Motorman7...... (1) - Order and Payment Received **ORDER SENT**

Diseazd........... (1) - Order and Payment Received **ORDER SENT**

SteveE........... (1) - Order and Payment Received **ORDER SENT**

260ZCaliCar......(1) - Order and Payment Received **ORDER SENT**

Duffman...........(1) - Order and Payment Received **ORDER SENT**

RT Hunter.........(1) - Order and Payment Received **ORDER SENT**

GreenZZZ.........(1) - Order and Payment Received **ORDER SENT**

Zup.................(2) - Order and Payment Received **ORDER SENT**

SSuspect.........(1) - Order and Payment Received **ORDER SENT**

MEZZZ.............(1) - Order and Payment Received **ORDER SENT**

pbarcher..........(1) - Order and Payment Received **ORDER SENT**

Marty Rogan.....(1) - Order and Payment Received **ORDER SENT**

Pop's Z............(1) - Order and Payment Received **ORDER SENT**

Oiluj................(1) - Order and Payment Received **ORDER SENT**

Gully Foyle........(1) - Order and Payment Received **ORDER SENT**

=Enigma= ........(1) - Order and Payment Received **ORDER SENT**

Zedyone_kenobi (1) - Order and Payment Received **ORDER SENT**

Z_Tyler_Z.........(1) - Order and Payment Received Holding for pick-up

ZKars...............(1) - Order and Payment Received **ORDER SENT**

conedodger......(1) - Order and Payment Received **ORDER SENT**

bajcsi..............(1) - Order and Payment Received **ORDER SENT**

ol'red70...........(1) - Order and Payment Received **ORDER SENT**

70 Cam Guy......(1) - Order and Payment Received **ORDER SENT**

Nigel1943.........(1) - Order and Payment Received **ORDER SENT**

Phred..............(1) - Order and Payment Received **ORDER SENT**

ARNE...............(1) - Order and Payment Received **ORDER SENT**

nahurry............(1) - Order and Payment Received **ORDER SENT**

Kenz240z..........(2) - Order and Payment Received **ORDER SENT**

Mike B..............(1) - Order and Payment Received **ORDER SENT**

Diseazd............(2) - Order and Payment Received **ORDER SENT**

JohnnyRock.......(1) - Order and Payment Received **ORDER SENT**

scotts pearl......(1) - Order and Payment Received **ORDER SENT**

Z Car 77..........(1) - Order and Payment Received **ORDER SENT**

Terrapin Z........(1) - Order and Payment Received **ORDER SENT** 12/2/09

Bonzi Lon..........(1) - Order and Payment Received **ORDER SENT**

ConchZ........... (1) - MS

Tarmac............(1) - MS

bpilati..............(1) - MS?

Powerglide........(1) - MS?

240Adam..........(1) - Holding for Pick-up .....This makes 45 Spoken for,.....only 5 left...........

kawi585...........(1) - MS

I'm no longer able to *EDIT* post #65 or #114, so I've moved it here, further down the line.

Dave

Edited by Zs-ondabrain