IGNORED

24th October 1969 - The S30-series Z public debut.

HS30-H

A couple of photos from my collection.  Alan, the 2000 GT is labeled as a 1971 (handwritten on the back), but I think that's an error and it was actually from the 1969 show.  It seems to be the same model standing next to it as the 432.  Do you agree?1969 Tokyo Auto Show - 432.jpg1969 Tokyo Auto Show - 2000 GT.jpg?

-Mike

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mike B said:

A couple of photos from my collection.  Alan, the 2000 GT is labeled as a 1971 (handwritten on the back), but I think that's an error and it was actually from the 1969 show.  It seems to be the same model standing next to it as the 432.  Do you agree?1969 Tokyo Auto Show - 2000 GT.jpg?

-Mike

Hi Mike,

Great shots! I have not seen those before.

Yes, I would agree that the Skyline 2000GT (GC10) shot is certainly from the 1969 show, as the Nissan show hostess uniforms changed every year. That's definitely the 1969 type show uniform and - indeed - the same young lady in both shots.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2019 at 12:58 PM, HS30-H said:

Morita san has long been working on a new MOTOR Magazine 'mook', finally released on 24th October, and weighing in at just under 1kg. You'll see lots of never-seen-before photos and the usual high production and editorial values of MOTOR Magazine. Text is mostly Japanese, but the photos are in English. Heartily recommended!

LWtrkj.jpg   

Hurray!  My copy arrived.  Looking forward to lovely bedtime browsing.

• Like 2