IGNORED

How makes braided slave hose

TRtom

I have a 300ZX and the stock clutch slave cylinder has a rubber hose running from the metal pipe to the slave cylinder (about 12 inches) Way too much flex in the hose and looking to replace with a braided one. It does not have a screw on both ends like my 240z, but screw on one end and the round piece on the other end with a bolt through it (forgot what it is called)

See link: http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd149/tvtanner/brakehose.jpg

Any ideas where they stock these, or someone can make a custom one.

Thanks

But the larger question is -- why? The clutch hose is not under the kind of pressure that a brake hose has to deal with. The amount of hose flex on a rubber clutch hose in good condition is minimal. I would think that replacing it with a stainless covered teflon hose will not affect the clutch feel in any noticeable way.

Banjo, I knew it was some musical instrument, I was thinking tuba.

Anyway, may be wrong, but the clutch just feels not as tight as the other cars with braided lines, but maybe my imagination. It is leaking (just small drips) so will probably have to replace anyway. But you don't think it will make any difference??

Anyway, may be wrong, but the clutch just feels not as tight as the other cars with braided lines, but maybe my imagination. It is leaking (just small drips) so will probably have to replace anyway. But you don't think it will make any difference??
I don't think it will feel different unless you have one stiff mother of a pressure plate that takes both feet to push. There's just not enough pressure in a clutch line to cause any appreciable swelling in a normal hose in good condition. The feel problem is probably due to the leak. Fix that and you should be as good as it gets.

I found a braided line on ebay for like $25 so thought I would give it a try, about the same as a rubber hose. Let you know what happens, but you are right, fix the hose fix the problem

I agree I didn't see much point in the stainless clutch line but I still bought it. It actually cost less from MSA than a normal clutch line did from the parts house, at my cost. I was ordering my brake lines at the same time so I figured why not? (I was already replacing the clutch master and slave anyway)

I believe MSA uses Earl's fittings and lines. Earl's fittings are some of the best IMO, very good quality. It was a nice surprise when they arrived, I had no idea MSA sourced from Earl's.