IGNORED

A review of what's gone - period 240Z exhausts

Arne

There are no labels, but I'm going to say that mine is like the SuperSprint system. The bottom pic in Arne's post shows the chrome better. It's like that. The two bullet mufflers are definitely like canisters, and are not smooth at each end like the Ansa or Targa systems. And of course the two pipes are cut off straight and are the same length.

There are no labels, but I'm going to say that mine is like the SuperSprint system. . .The two bullet mufflers are definitely like canisters, and are not smooth. . .

Did you look at the pictures I added they might help. Also I might be interested in a trade for the rear section from the rounded one to the more canister like ones for the rear a picture would help.

• 11 months later...
Did you look at the pictures I added they might help. Also I might be interested in a trade for the rear section from the rounded one to the more canister like ones for the rear a picture would help.

Well I don't think you'd want this, because it has started developing tiny rust holes at the ends. It looks generally good overall though. I'm going to replace with larger exhaust system.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hey everyone am Haitham Al Musalhi from Oman I got a 1972 Datsun 240Z it has a problem with the carbiter it doesn't give the engine fuel

I decided to take the engine out, Do anyone give me an opinion what engine I install?

Hi Haitham:

Since this discussion thread is about after-market exhaust systems - I would suggest that you start a new discussion thread - and put your question there.

To get people's attention - you should make the "Subject Line" - actually represent the subject of your question.

Something like; "Need Engine Swap In Oman"

Secondly - If you are sure you have a carburetor problem, perhaps a better solution would be to buy a rebuilt set of S.U's and install them. Much easier than an entire engine swap.

good luck,

Carl B.

• 4 months later...

I was doing some searching on exhausts and all this time I thought I had an ANSA setup but I think Im pretty sure I have the Clifford/Datsun Competition(?) exhaust setup. One of the glasspacks broke off and I thought Id work on changing the sound since its VERY raspy. Here are some pics of the exhaust on a car I believe has 55k original miles

post-27925-14150827459285_thumb.jpg

post-27925-14150827459882_thumb.jpg

post-27925-14150827460458_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 years later...