IGNORED

Interior Panels

mmagnus

Try removing the center pin from the rivet with an awl or small punch first. Push it until it comes out of the rivet, then remove the panel. Sometimes you can replace the pin into the rivet and re-use it.

Best to get a small bag of rivets from someone like MSA to replace the rivets anyways as they usually are getting kinda brittle and don't like being messed with.

When you replace them you can press the pin in just enough to hold from falling out until you have all the rivets in the panel.If you lock them in one at a time they fight against you.In my younger Z days I used roofing/shingle nail and cut the heads off as replacement pins.A touch of paint and life was good.Of course that was years before I became my father!LOL Have fun!! Daniel

• 3 years later...

My interior taillight finisher has the removable rivets in it (the ones without the centre pins.) They come out with some effort, but you usually bent the head in the process, unless you have a tool for that- like a modified tack remover.

The real trick is to handle that panel without breaking it.

thx