IGNORED

Hello from a new owner of a '73 240Z

Chris, I was looking at my coil wiring today and didn't notice another in line resistor. Once the wires enter the wrapped harness, it's hard to say what's in there. I forgot to check which side the coil gets signal on and totally forgot about the seats. I was so wrapped up in getting the carbs adjusted and checking the brakes/cluch hydraulics everything else slipped my mind.

Adam, I really know what you mean with the WIAT disease. That's how the Camaro was. It snowballed completely out of control. Nice 4Runner, that 3.4 is a fantastic engine! You should (probably shouldn't) check out All Pro Off Road. That place will drain your accounts with the best of em. Is that in Hollister? That must be right over the hill from you. The black truck in my Toyota album is my friend's 05 Tacoma with the All pro suspension and Walker Evan's coil overs, taken at Hollister.

Much the same way, my truck is paused because of the Z car. I know better than to have 2 projects at the same time but I didn't want to pass on this car. My truck is almost there, it was going quickly but came to a screeching halt after getting laid off early last year. I found a new job fairly quickly but life seemed to happen at the same time so the truck has been a weekend driver lately with fancy tube bumpers and spring hangers welded to the frame.

Latest news on the Z is I got the engine buttoned up and running pretty good. I'll need to borrow my friend's uni-syn before I can really say I'm happy with it (it's starting on the first crank!). The clutch master is toast and blowing bubbles into the reservoir (i may try to bleed it again but I'm pretty certain it's leaking internally). It'll need a new flex hose to the slave as well. The brake flex lines are in good shape but I found a wheel cylinder that leaked out. I was pretty exhausted by the time I hit the brakes today so I didn't pull off the front wheels. I am still pretty sure it's going to need a new brake master though... there is evidence on the booster that fluid leaked out. Oh, and I fixed my crooked windshield wipers :)

post-18904-14150806881173_thumb.jpg

post-18904-14150806881836_thumb.jpg

Andy, thanks a lot for your time, it's really appreciated, the biggest problem is that there is no such thing as a correct wiring diagram for the -73 model, not as far as i know, i would really like to get my hands on one, if it excist.

On my harness the GW is spliced in to the BW going from ballast resistor to coil positive side, this is what makes it strange since the -74 260 model is triggered from the negative side of the coil.

Isn't there any of the electrical brains here that can help me ??....

Chris

Hey Chris, I haven't forgotten about you. It's just been a busy week and I haven't been getting home before it's dark. I plan on working on it this weekend, I'll have my friend's uni-syn so I can balance the carbs and get the idle/mixture sorted. I picked up new tires yesterday for the Wat's and the lugs from MSA came today. I also received the stainless brake lines and my friend's are ordering the brake hydraulics on their shop account for me. If it's not raining too much this weekend I plan on getting a lot more done :)

Right on, I left a reply there too. I'm afraid tach adjustments are going outside my realm of experience.

I like your pictures! I hate to copy you but it's cemented my desire to remove the vertical bumper bars from my car