IGNORED

Someone Should Go Look 70Z -$2250.00

Carl Beck

Here is another 1970 (8/70) production just listed on eBay that seems like it is in much better condition and may be a better buy, even though the BIN price ($5500) is more than twice what they are asking for the other car. It comes with a stack of documentation, including the original invoice.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Datsun-Z-Series-240Z-DATSUN-1970-240Z-very-rare-early-original-California-Z_W0QQitemZ230333428754QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item230333428754&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A10|39%3A1|240%3A1318

-Mike

Here is another 1970 (8/70) production just listed on eBay that seems like it is in much better condition and may be a better buy, even though the BIN price ($5500) is more than twice what they are asking for the other car. It comes with a stack of documentation, including the original invoice.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Datsun-Z-Series-240Z-DATSUN-1970-240Z-very-rare-early-original-California-Z_W0QQitemZ230333428754QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item230333428754&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A10|39%3A1|240%3A1318

-Mike

The interrior is clean and at least he's honset about the paint,

Good old Resale Red :cool:.

I have no issues with it.

~Z~

Curious as to why the yellow car is getting so much attention. Not sure what makes this car so special.

LC

Because it's yellow, of course. Many of us want to be members of the yellow Z club... ROFL

Me too but at this stage of the game it will have to take it's rightful place on the long list of thing I'd like to have. A paid off mortgage (3 more years), a retired wife (also 3 more years) ,........a series one would probably come in about 12th or 13th on the list.

Can't speak for the rest of you, but I would like to have a series 1.
As someone who had a Series 1 (since rusted and parted out), and also someone who hasn't become obsessed with the low-VIN fetish, I'll put the importance of owning a Series 1 fairly low. A Series 2 (late '71) is just as nice a car, IMO. I've gone there before, and overall condition is far more important to me these days. I'd much rather buy a straight and non-rusted later car than even a semi-rusted Series 1.

Which is exactly what I did. No regrets at all.

Not to say that no one should buy Series 1 cars, but to me there's no reason to think of a non-low-VIN Series 1 as any more desirable than any other similar 240Z. Different in some small ways, yes. But not more desirable or valuable.

I own HLS30-06330, and it is the early yellow.

That car was a Los Angeles Car, and is remarkably rust free. Unfortunately due to someone jumping a curb, one side is .375" shorter than the other...though it tracks straight.

This one would be a nice addition as an 'identical twin' and between the two would work well for me...

Too bad I'm in Qatar right now. Dammnit!

This one would give me S30-06225, HLS30-06330, and HLS30-06315... a conversation starter at the convention to be sure. Especially if me, the wife, and the boy drove one a piece there...

Hmmmm....

This is making me think...

My wife may not be happy with this thought process...