IGNORED

Shortage of HP tires grrrrrrr

Caen Fred

Or do what I did and buy 16" wheels so your tire choices go way up. I wanted 15" wheels, but I could see the 15" supply dropping just like the 14's, So far, the supply of 16" tires is great.

You could always use the Wats for everyday use and buy 16" track wheels.

Edited by Jeff G 78

Easier yes, but at what point will the step-up in wheel and tire size change the way a Z will handle? Sure you can go with a smaller sidewall on the tire for a 16" wheel and match the all around tire-wheel size of the stock 14" . But with the smaller sidewall your going to be getting a very stiff tire vs. the stock set-up.

If you go with the same sidewall as the 14" on your 16" your changing the total size of the mass your driveline is working to move.

Just a thought.........

post-13541-14150806458535_thumb.gif

Have you looked into the Goodyear Eagle GTII from tirerack.com if

your keeping the 15 inch size rim?

Not suere what looks or performance you want but the cam in a wide range

of sizes. ( maybe not on tirerack but other place do have the othere sizes.)

~Z~

HS30-H what size tires are those Avons?

Sorry for the late reply. They are 245/60-R15 on 9.5j x 15 and 295/50-R15 on 11j x 15.

I will follow Alan's advice... I just hope those tyres are with us for a long time...

Fred, here are some pics of the 185/70-R14 Avon CR6ZZ on 7j wheels. I don't think that they look particularly 'stretched', and the sidewall still extends out beyond the rim of the wheel. They should still work OK on your 7.5j.

I recommend that you order direct from BMTR, and ask them to make a quote ( and ask for some discount! ) before you place your order.

post-2116-14150806461728_thumb.jpg

post-2116-14150806462413_thumb.jpg