IGNORED

Old Nissan U.S.A.Newsletters

Mike B

I decided to scan and share some more of my Datsun memorabilia. Here are copies of the Nissan U.S.A. monthly newsletter "Datsun News" from 1972. I had to break May and Aug into two files each due to size. Enjoy.

-Mike

I decided to scan and share some more of my Datsun memorabilia. Here are copies of the Nissan U.S.A. monthly newsletter "Datsun News" from 1972. I had to break May and Aug into two files each due to size. Enjoy.

-Mike

Thank your for your great info! Very interesting!

Esprist

• 3 months later...

-Mike

Thanks for it. I was looking for similar things.

• 3 months later...

Nissan had all sort of activities around the world - did U ever see the monthly NISSAN-DATSUN Motor Topics in the US?

Not from Gardena, but to Nissan Motor CO.,LTD export division from Nissan Building, Ginza-ku, Tokyo, Japan. Believe there should be a lot - my collection start in 1971 No.98!

Edited by GrandPrixGreen

did U ever see the monthly NISSAN-DATSUN Motor Topics in the US?

Not from Gardena, but to Nissan Motor CO.,LTD export division from Nissan Building, Ginza-ku, Tokyo, Japan. Believe there should be a lot - my collection start in 1971 No.98!

No, I haven't seen them before. Why don't you scan some and post them for us to take a look at.

-Mike

Hello GrandPrixGreen:

We received "NISSAN INTERNATIONAL GRAPH" in 1971 when I sold Datsun's for a local Datsun Dealer. Later I was a New and Used Car Sales Manager for another Dealership owned by the same family; I received several different publications from Nissan Motors Ltd. in Japan. I only kept a few issues that related to the DATSUN 240Z {which was my main interest at the time}

I recall having copies of "Nissan Compass" - but can't find them right now. All these publications were available in our Customer Waiting Area for the Service Department.

Later the name and format of the publication was changed to "Nissan-Datsun Rally and Race Digest" Both came from "NISSAN MOTOR CO. LTD, International Advertising (E05), Export Division, `7-1, Ginza 6-Chome, Chuo-Ku, Tokyo 104, Japan.

FWIW,

Carl B.

post-3609-14150808616134_thumb.jpg

Thank U Carl :)

I searched the net for Compass related - guess the "name" been used in several ways and publications.

"The Compass" is readership strictly limited to distributors and dealers

First issue NO.1 October 1972 by Masataka Okuma (Managing Director)

I have these publications mostly from my father who attended to work for Nissans distributor in the early 70s. From 1978 he worked with Nissan Diesel (small and medium trucks and busses + Nissan Marine) and was General Manger for this activity in the 80s, 90s until he retired some years ago under the Renault period.

Edited by GrandPrixGreen