IGNORED

Let's show vintage racing pictures. I'll start.

conedodger

Here is a old race Z that I have purchased. Raced by Loren St. Lawrence in mainly SCCA C-Production, ICSCC C Improved Production, and SCCA Trans-Am. It also had one race in IMSA GTU. Raced with VIP's restaurant livery. It also raced against Jim Fitzgerald, Paul Newman, Don Kearney, Joel Anderson, and Frank Leary in the 1978 season all the way to the Road Atlanta run-offs. Wore numbers #39, #33, #39.

Goal is to restore it to original state and livery, one day to race at the Monterey Historics. :)

If anyone has any information on either driver or the car - I'd really appreciate the guidance! Steve Epperly @ ZTherapy, as well as Loren's wife, have confirmed that this is indeed the car (based off parts, pics and a plethora of other info). Logbooks missing due to a mishap between owners in the past. I believe they are with Ed Humphrey, who I am trying to locate and understand is now in AZ somewhere. I've researched through the archives and found some good info, but no links to the 33-373 (or 33-378, hard to make out) roll bar number / log book number. I'll be getting a package from the SF Region Archivist today with some race results. I've found pretty much everything online.

post-20758-14150830444891_thumb.png

post-20758-14150830446345_thumb.png

post-20758-14150830446935_thumb.jpg

Laguna Seca SCCA C-Production - 1978

post-20758-14150830447563_thumb.jpg

Road Atlanta SCCA National Championships - 1978

post-20758-14150830444214_thumb.jpg

Today.

Edited by spitz17
  • Like 1

Great photo's of the FAR cars - do you have any more? I'm specifically looking for photo's from 1975 of the second Maas car. I believe the photo of Maas "in the office" is the early car that won the '74 CP and IMSA GTU championships before being crashed in early 1975 at Laguna Seca??? Do you know when the photo was taken?

thanks!

Bob Clucas

Did anyone happen to see the Rolex Motorsports Reunion on Fox this weekend? A great interview and photo's of Joel Anderson and Rob Fuller with Joel's IMSA car.

Also a great segment on Dave Stone's beautiful Bob Sharp 1970 240Z that was the editors pick of cars to take home. They had lots of coverage of Dave driving the car in the race!

Finally some good coverage of Z's at arguably the premier vintage race event!!!

I couldn't find when the show will be replayed, but worth recording and watching if you like classic cars and Z's....

Bob

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...