IGNORED

Let's show vintage racing pictures. I'll start.

conedodger

Here is a couple better pictures of that car from the Detroit race one of it on track and one of it up at Adams Shop we are starting restoration on the sister car first. By the way the photo in post 376 of the Posey car chasing the 914-6 the BMW 2002 in the foreground is the Nick Craw car and if you notice the #46 on the door his co-driver was John Morton and of course Nick went on to be president of SCCA.

Les

post-834-14150821581523_thumb.jpg

post-834-14150821581777_thumb.jpg

Carl, Does your hood still open this far?

Not quite - that is a picture from the 73 500. The photo was taken by the guys at TRACKSIDE Photo, and they loaned Peter their 5 gallon water jug, to help replace the coolant lost though a leak in the radiator. Later the hood was modified with stops repositioned - so it stops about 10 degrees sooner now. If it is in the way, the hood can be removed when you pull two quick release pins at the hinge.

Edited by Carl Beck

Funny that you sent that picture as that is the new car we just got and I am heading up this morning to put in a new windshield and do oil changes on everything. Yes we did the resto on the roadster and it won the rolex trophy at Monterey the year we took it up there. Currently starting on the sister car to the roadster which was John Mortons car. I hope everyone has a great holiday season this year all things considered.

Les

GTP undressed...

It's not a GTP car.

It's an R90CK ( Lola chassis ) with the VRH35Z V8 turbo engine from the 1990 Le Mans 24hrs. Specifically, the JECS 'sponsored' #25 car of Donnelly / Brancatelli / Acheson. It had qualified 5th, but DNF'd due to terminal transmission trouble.

don kearny's old z (the one on page 12 with the large white backround and number 1) it was yellow and burgandy 8-4-12 by conedodger......and by the way..,i still have some original parts that the new owner of the frissell #47 car should have....see i was the one who bought the car from carson hurley then raced it myself for 2 years then sold it back to brad...delivered car to restoration shop in thousand oaks,ca.(can't think of name????but he was the x california lt.gov under jerry brown's first go round....in the 60-70's and was in the music biz too.)at the time i forgot to load these parts...called when i returned home but they just ignored me..guess i wasn't classy enough....!!!!!

Edited by zracer80

don kearny's old z (the one on page 12 with the large white backround and number 1) it was yellow and burgandy 8-4-12 by conedodger......and by the way..,i still have some original parts that the new owner of the frissell #47 car should have....see i was the one who bought the car from carson hurley then raced it myself for 2 years then sold it back to brad...delivered car to restoration shop in thousand oaks,ca.(can't think of name????but he was the x california lt.gov under jerry brown's first go round....in the 60-70's and was in the music biz too.)at the time i forgot to load these parts...called when i returned home but they just ignored me..guess i wasn't classy enough....!!!!!

It is now owned by a restoration shop in Scott's Valley California. I am quite certain they would want the parts. They maintain a warehouse of rare and historic parts. Bruce Canepa is the name of the owner and I think you can just search Canepa Restoration.