IGNORED

my 240K convertible

khughes

hehe.. another 240k bites the dust :(

had to strip any "usable" flat metal for future rust repairs.. then she is going off to the scrap metal merchant :(

this was my parts car for the GT, and it didn't come with any compliance plates.. so it was always destined for the crusher unfortuanately (otherwise it wasn't a bad car!)

hehe i know.. we waited on the weekend till she got home before we started chopping!.. i can't wait for it to disappear.. only to be replaced with another!

unfortuantely the doglegs are rusted out too (well.. badly bogged at least :))

i am still not sure if i should goto the trouble of ripping out the front suspension and the rear diff etc.. i could probably sell them to a 1600 guy.. but i think the effort and difficulty in getting it on the trailer will make it not worthwhile

Dunno about over there, but over here scrap metal people will come to your house and pay you money to take the shell away, whether it's on wheels or not. They usually have a truck with a crane on it to pick it up, so wheels don't matter.

You don't have any scrap metal people over there that will take it? Saves you the effort of dumping it somewhere.

I've had shells scraped off my garage floor in Sydney and onto tilt trays so you shouldn't have any worries there. I didn't get paid for mine as it was just a bare shell (engine suspension gone) and didn't have too much steel left in it.

If I was you I'd advertise on ebay that you have a C110 that someone can come out to your house and strip it (while on the trailer) for the suspension parts.

It would be really bad of you not to get at least the front struts off.

just booked it in to be taken away on monday, i was offered $30 at a scrap metal place if i dropped it off, or somebody can come out and just take it off my hands.. so for $30 someone can come, and pick it up :)

i will definately take the front struts off (which should be easy), but the rears i think will be too hard to get at on the trailer (and probably of very little use to me anyway)

it didn't come with any compliance plates.. so it was always destined for the crusher unfortuanately

Why??

You do realise that all it takes is a letter from Nissan and you can get new plates issued. A dude did that with an RX7 shell I was selling. If Mazda can do it, surely Nissan can do it too. There was no inspection required for the issue of the compliance letter.

They just need to know that it was originally sold here in Australia.

I had believed it to be more difficult than that, but found out how simple it really can be.

Also, I've seen people sell the steering wheels for up to $150 on ebay.

Edited by 440k

true.. with that information (i thought it would have been a LOT more complicated than that given people i had spoken to) it probably could have been brought back.. but since i bought the GT it was always going to be the donor car for all the bits i need :)

i will be grabbing the steering wheel, but can't honestly see $150 in it (maybe new!)