IGNORED

Great 370Z design influences article

JonnyRock

Check out this great article by Jalopnik on the design process/influences that led to the soon-to-be 370Z.

2009 Nissan 370Z: Design Dissected

EDIT: I quickly wrote up this thread between classes, after only having skimmed it. On a further read, I wouldn't call it "great" but it is interesting none the less.

Edited by JonnyRock

I think it is a step in the right direction. To bad the financial situation here and abroad is so bad and continues to implode. The car will tank .

Gotta love the optimism...

There is a large psychological component to economics. If EVERYONE believes that the situation is hopeless, it will become hopeless because everyone behaves accordingly.

I like the side by side comparision to the 350Z and 240Z. I would prefer bigger rear side windows, but all-in-all I like that it is closer to some of the retro 240Z styling. Too bad they couldn't get more of the facts straight though.

The biggest single influence on the original Z was Yutaka Katayama, affectionately referred to as the “Father of the Z”.

Badged as the Datsun Fairlady Z in Japan

When it came time to sell the Z in the U.S. the cars were shipped wearing the Fairlady badges, but Katayama felt strongly against using the Fairlady name in America and shifted to the numbered designation that we know today

-Mike

Yeah nice article, but some of the links to the original "Fairlady Z" are quite weak including the interior section almost like the author was trying to find more areas to fill the article. I do like it better than the 350 already but am waiting to see it in person before making judgement as to the links with the S30 especially with that really fat rear end.