IGNORED

Question on modified E31 HEAD

Diseazd

Dumb q - eyebrowing is recommended when putting larger valves (say either in E31 / E88 or using an N42 head) in a head on the L24. What about simply shaving the head to increase compression?

Assume I took an E88 head, shaved / shimmed .080", hotter cam - do I need to notch the block? I am thinking no, but shimming is only done to the cam towers - wouldn't the shaving effectively make the valves .080" closer to the block / pistons?

• 6 years later...

My a**istant a**umed he was an a**.

I'm guessing that Mike recently had to hunt up and engage the censure controls for the site and may have swung the pendulum a little to the conservative side? Too bad... I find the ** stuff distracting.

No doubt a result of the recent unmentionable ZX thread with lots of bad language. I understand the why, I just wish it was unnecessary.

Turn off the censure controls. We are all big girls & boys. We've all heard it & said it. You know, skinned knuckles, smashed fingers, bumped heads.

The ZX thread was an interesting, if brief, study. Plenty of other club sites regularly use that kind of language. I found the CZCC members reaction to it entirely appropriate. Please let us control ourselves.    We have been doing a good job of it so far IMO.

Mark

• Like 1