IGNORED

Honda Z600 Coupe Sets Bonneville Record

Mike

08-25-2008 08:45 PM

eviltweety.jpg

Microcars are on a roll! First a duo of Subaru 360s finishes 1-2 in their class in the Liége-Brescia-Liége, and now a Honda Z600 has broken the 600cc class land speed record at Bonneville Speed Week. We first came across Evil Tweety last year when we pitted it in a hypothetical Blaze of Glory deathmatch against jet- and ‘Busa- powered Z600s. JNCers, including Evil Tweety’s own driver Eric Burns, voted for JETBOY as their chariot into the afterlife, but that was before anyone knew this bad bird could hit 106.531 mph on the salt flats!

Congrats to fearless pilots Eric Burns and Chris Clay!

[image: Popular Mechanics]

More...

Weirdly, I remember driving past one of those when I was about 12, with my dad in the car...

"Dad, that thing said Z on it!!!" ROFL

I'd take a stock one, in mustard yellow :) I'd buy a new Honda in its spirit, I actually think they look great (that is to say, undeniably Japanese).