IGNORED

Why aren't YOU going to ZCON 2008?

TomoHawk

Mark - the conventions traditionally alternate east/west but I haven't heard as yet who will be hosting the 2009 event.

Late September/early October is a bad time of year for me as it is prime-time for work-related meetings.

Tomohawk: There are a few TIZCC members planning to attend....One specifically wants to play at Mid-Ohio and the autocross (think 450Z)... the others will be in the show...

Best of luck from the Thousand Island Zed Car Club - host of the 2001 Convention in Kingston, Ontario...

GWGarrard

prez TIZCC

Scheduling last year was a breeze, this year is just an offensive exercise in getting past that damn Murphy...

I am still planning to go, and if everything falls into place by the end of next week, I will be signing up and planning the route for the truck and trailer.

Will

I have yet to take my Z to a convention and this will be my fifth. Ya'll hop on a plane and come party with us!

I'm coming up with Jim Frederick and I talked to Beck yesterday. He says he's coming. $303 round trip from Tampa, 2-1/2 hours - beat that! I'm part of the ZCCA judging team now which means I'll be at the next few conventions. Commander Buoni is bringing his car and I'm hoping to team up with him for another rally trophy. The rumor I hear for next year is San Diego to celebrate the Datsun Heritage Museum however I only heard that rumor once and no one else seems to know anything about it. Conventions are a blast - a week of activities and socializing. The Ohio people are way cool and the Cleveland schedule looks to be fun. Mid Ohio is the race track! Lots of Nissan racing history there. We plan to eat and drink like pigs, wallow in the mire of Z, and Rock-N-Roll on down the road. Let me know if you are going and would like me to bring anything for show and tell.

Chris,

With the recent changes in Air travel, I don' think the Tricky Garage could come as a carry on!

If it all works out, I pack my trailer with show and tell(26'6" trailer, 13' car...) If there is still room for a judge, when I sign up, count me in. If there is still a car in VA, I might have to stop on the way home, take of the bumpers and give my '72 some company!

Will

Last year at Daytona was my first one, luckily it was so close to home, and I have to say it was more than I expected.

For those that say they wont go because they are not into car shows, this is more than just a car show, I entered the non judged show just to be part of it, didn't hurt I won people's choice :) but I just loved spending the day looking at some incredible examples of Z's and the rest of the week looking and talking and having a great week.

Also I got to meet or reacquaint with some great people, and realized how many were from Florida we are lucky down here, 26th/Carl/Zwolf/George71.......

Also got to meet some personalities in the Z world like Johnnie Gable, Mad Mike, Fred Jordan.... and everyone else, it is an experience not just a car show, if you are within driving distance and don't go you are missing out in a great experience, I was planning on going but couldn't get it worked out, still trying but probably without a Z if I go.

Edited by westpak

Since I have not attended any national meets, I always wondered how people figure out who is who. There are certain members with recognizable cars, but most are not and everybody is wandering around anyways rather than hanging around by their car. Is there a nickname/nametag system in place? Between the IZCC, zcar and this site, I have been online for over ten years, but I have never met any of the people I consider my friends. I would hate to attend the meet only to miss meeting everybody.

Even at our local club events, it is tough to figure out who is who when many people are only known by an obscure online nickname. :bandit:

Oh! The national convention is first class, Jeff G! Everyone gets a name tag on a neck lanyard. Even if you don't rececgognize someone, the name tag is a big help.

Frankly, Tomo, the title of this thread is w-a-y too negative. It should be "Why are you going!" I hope they have a Hooters in Cleveland. Wouldn't want to miss the party at Hooters.

You can't miss me. I usually have on one of my "26th-Z" shirts and I'm the one partying really hard.

I'm trying to figure out what to bring, Will. I guess I should make some more copies of the DVDs and I might make up some posters. I talked to Beck this morning and he is thinking of having some posters made to sell and donate to the DHM. I might do the same.

post-4148-14150804118343_thumb.jpg

post-4148-14150804118586_thumb.jpg

post-4148-14150804118721_thumb.jpg

post-4148-14150804118933_thumb.jpg

post-4148-14150804119372_thumb.jpg

post-4148-14150804119693_thumb.jpg

Edited by 26th-Z

IMO, it doesn't matter if you-know-who is going. If YOU go, is what is important and is what makes the convention great. Aside from the car show, there will be seminars & tech talks, hot-lapping at a real race track (where it doesn't matter if you're not experienced) and autocross (for all skill-levels.) You will most likely meet people that you will get to know, and make new friends that maY NOT even be a member of any car-related website.

Do some arm-twisting and get everyone you know to go! The party will only get bigger & better!

ythxZ

Edited by TomoHawk