IGNORED

Why aren't YOU going to ZCON 2008?

TomoHawk

To take my car there would require I drive it like in a Flintstones cartoon... It's got no engine, brakes, drivetrain, seats, etc...

Plus, even if the car were ready, it's a bit of a road trip from the San Francisco area.

I'd love to go but it's soo expensive to transport my car that distance. My Z is a great daily driver but I don't trust it to make the round trip without something breaking after all it's 35 years old. Last years show was great and basically down the street for me. Besides I'd rather put the $ into my 82ZXT restoration. I hope you have a great event.

A couple of things:

1) Don't know which car to bring...(240Z in ok shape but not better...300ZX in awesome DD shape...both will make the trip...280Z project...won't make the trip...feel free to chime in with suggestions...)

2) I waited too long and a couple of the events that would draw me are sold out (ok, my bad)

3) Awww...man it's at the end of September in Cleveland...(ok I need to get over it...last time I was out in the Flats it was epic...everyone should go just for a good night our in the Flats...)

4) Worried Carl Beck will smack me down for some of my smart arse comments...(nuff said...)

As such, I'm on still on the bubble...(feel free to convince me to come or tell my sarcastic arse to stay home...).

Edited by bigoak

The whole downtown area has had a big renewal thing going. there are bunch of renovated "old" houses (mansions) on Euclid Ave that are said to be close to the million $ mark. On top of that, on the old flats (not the one on the river by the lake) where the steel mills were is getting some new interest to turn it back to park land and some kind of amusement area possibly with a race track.

Don't forget we have the Mid-Ohio sportscar course reserved, plus a great place for autocross. Then there's the Rock 'N' Roll hall of fame, a dinner cruise on the lake in a reallly cool boat and there will be daily busses going downtown for sightseeing. there are over a dozen restaurants ranging from gourmet burgers to authentic Mexican to Asian and even a few microbreweries.

We're signing on some live bands so there will be music just about every night.

The more people that attend, the better this event will be. You don't even need to bring a Z car! You can just attend and hang out with other Z owners. I've even talked to some regular people whp want to fly in and rent 350Zs or Acuras just to go to Mid-Ohio!

Don't forget the weather uring the convention will still be fairly warm. You Canucks might think it's still summer, and the southern chaps would probably enjoy the break from the summer heat. I haven't used my a/c in weeks and I can still spend the day ( and evening!) in shorts & a T-shirt. I just leave the windows open all day.

thxZ

Edited by TomoHawk

The whole downtown area has had a big renewal thing going. there are bunch of renovated "old" houses (mansions) on Euclid Ave that are said to be close to the million $ mark. On top of that, on the old flats (not the one on the river by the lake) where the steel mills were is getting some new interest to turn it back to park land and some kind of amusement area possibly with a race track.

Don't forget we have the Mid-Ohio sportscar course reserved, plus a great place for autocross. Then there's the Rock 'N' Roll hall of fame, a dinner cruise on the lake in a reallly cool boat and there will be daily busses going downtown for sightseeing. there are over a dozen restaurants ranging from gourmet burgers to authentic Mexican to Asian and even a few microbreweries.

We're signing on some live bands so there will be music just about every night.

The more people that attend, the better this event will be. You don't even need to bring a Z car! You can just attend and hang out with other Z owners. I've even talked to some regular people whp want to fly in and rent 350Zs or Acuras just to go to Mid-Ohio!

Don't forget the weather uring the convention will still be fairly warm. You Canucks might think it's still summer, and the southern chaps would probably enjoy the break from the summer heat. I haven't used my a/c in weeks and I can still spend the day ( and evening!) in shorts & a T-shirt. I just leave the windows open all day.

thxZ

It definitely sounds like a blast, I missed last year due to work and I don't think one will get closer to me for awhile.