IGNORED

Nissan Repro Program Car on Ebay

nwcubsman

An explanation is in order here. Both Carl & I recognized the location these pics were taken as the same used by another seller. That, and this seller having a 0 feedback immediately put up a red flag. I apologize if this erroneous warning caused any inconvenience to the seller or potential buyers. The protection of our members was foremost in my mind.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-911-1989-PORSCHE-911-TURBO-CABRIOLET-W-363-ORIGINAL-MILES_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ10156QQihZ020QQitemZ300227124596QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Ron;

I think that what you and Carl did is one of the most important functions of this site. Where Zhome has "static" information (not changing quickly), this site has the dynamic information, the one that can change within days and even minutes.

Noting the possibility of a scam before it can occur is fore-warning instead of regretting.

Between the two sites, new owners can quickly research and read years worth of information and hands-on knowledge on the Z car. If an international site with all the knowledge and information that Alan T. has at his disposal were to be available, it would literally BE the Z Encyclopaedia.

A search on Google, Yahoo or many of the search engines with web-bots performing web indexing will report this and Zhome as the two top sites.

Does this explain to all why it behooves us to post and act responsibly to the whole Z community and not denigrate anyone?

My 2¢

E

An explanation is in order here. Both Carl & I recognized the location these pics were taken as the same used by another seller. That, and this seller having a 0 feedback immediately put up a red flag. I apologize if this erroneous warning caused any inconvenience to the seller or potential buyers. The protection of our members was foremost in my mind.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-911-1989-PORSCHE-911-TURBO-CABRIOLET-W-363-ORIGINAL-MILES_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ10156QQihZ020QQitemZ300227124596QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Thanks Ron. I posted my warning after I requested the VIN from the seller and did not get a response. Given that we now have a public list of the VZ Vins.. a none response sent up the red flag for my part.

I also notified E-Bay that the seller was using someone else's pictures and that the description seemed to lack complete honesty.

Much later, I did finally receive the VIN from the seller... but by then the car had been removed from E-Bay. The owner is a ligit. guy - but just handled the whole E-Bay thing wrong...As it turned out, he did find another place to keep the car in the family, and decided to keep it that way.

An ounce of prevention... I'd do the same thing again..

FWIW,

Carl B.