IGNORED

hood vents

z2b

I have what seems like to be a vapor lock issue with my 75 280z. I'm not sure what it is exactly. But i've read many thoughts on this issue and being a newb at S30 i'm pretty confused.

If I drive for 30 mins or more and then stop my car and let it sit for 10-15 minutes it will sputter real bad for a little while. I've read about Vapor Lock, Cold Start Valve, Thermotime switch... I've asked a mechanic that works on a lot of Z's and says that its Vapor Lock and hood vents would help.

Try disconnecting the EGR valve. It worked for me.

If you were having a problem with your car and disconnecting the EGR valve 'fixed' it then, technically speaking, you still have a problem. Does your car pass smog?

I don't have an EGR valve. I think hood vents would fix my problem. (Just trying to get the thread back on track) haha!

I definately need to go see Awesome Z. Nice to know their are a couple places in town to turn to for help.

I don't have an EGR valve. I think hood vents would fix my problem. (Just trying to get the thread back on track) haha!

I definately need to go see Awesome Z. Nice to know their are a couple places in town to turn to for help.

ahhh, my mistake. I guess those only came on CA cars?