IGNORED

hood vents

z2b

they let the hot air out from under the hood.

Do the hood vents really work?

I only ask because on my old MGA, high pressure developed by air piling-up on the windshield actually forced air "into" the cowl vents instead of air flowing out of the engine compartment.

I realize the Z's aerodynamics are certainly different than the MG's.

Since carbureted engines usually use a mechanical fuel pump located on the engine, they need to suck the fuel from the gas tank, and a bubble of vaporized gas can develop, which doesn't liked to be sucked through, and just gets bigger. This is 'vapor lock.' So you let things cool so the bubble disappears and you can suck gas again.

Since fuel injected engines use a fuel pump near the gas tank to push the gas to the engine using much higher pressure, you pretty much eliminate any vapor bubbles in the fuel line. You'd need a really REALLY hot day for conditions to vaporize fuel in the lines under the car, but it might just be possible, like if a fuel line was too close to an exhaust tube or muffler.