IGNORED

camber

ta240

I'm in the process of swapping out parts from my two Zs.

I recently traded out the front strut assemblies since my old one had fairly new struts on it that I liked. I replaced the lower ball joint at the same time and also swapped out the control arms since the old Z had urethane bushings on it.

However I couldn't get the drivers side control arm bolt out on the old Z so I had to cut the bushing out of the control arm that was on it. Since I had purchased new bushings it wasn't a big deal.

The problem is on the passenger side wheel the bottom of the wheel now sits about 3/8" in from the top of the wheel. The drivers side is close enough I can't measure the difference.

My old white one had a shake in the front end from 50-80 that I could never get rid of so I probably shouldn't have swapped any parts over from it, however the only parts that are from the old Z are the struts, brake calipers (toyota), strut housing, spring and control arm on one side. The hubs and rotors are off another car that didn't have any shake. Yet my new Z now has the shake.

Ideas on why the wheel leans in at the bottom so much now?

Is there anything in the strut, caliper, strut housing that could cause a steering wheel shake? I was going to take it back apart and just swap the strut cartridge and brake calipers onto the housing, hub/rotor from the non shaking Z but can't get the retaining nut off the top of the strut tube.