IGNORED

Spindle Pin Bushings...

GreenZZZ,

You have the same problem I experienced with the Energy Suspension sleeves several years ago. The ID of the sleeves shipped were actually smaller than the OD of the new spindle pins. A tight fit, impossible to assemble and not the design intent.

I called Energy Suspension directly in Calif and they admitted Quality Problems on some lots of these kits. My assessment was that they missed the final honing operation to meet the final diameter and it must be larger than .628 dia of the pins. The Technician promptly sent me replacement sleeves which fit much better and were loose fits. Somewhere in my archives I recorded the actual diameter of the correct sleeves but need to find same.

Get replacement sleeves. Do not assemble using force, heating/cooling, etc.

Spoke with Energy Suspensions. Easy to work with folks.

They mentioned that their spec for the ID of the outer sleeve should be 0.63". That gives you 0.002" clearance on install which seems reasonable. I have some new sleeves coming next week and will follow up on how it went...

Do you guys put thread lubricant anti-seize on the spindles? The bushings would use the kit provided grease, but what about the spindles?

A definite on the neverseize. I put it on in 1973, after a considerable struggle to get 1 year old suspension apart for Koni's

Pulled pins in 1994, piece of cake. I would put neverseize on any suspension bolt, as long as you are torqueing to spec. A little goes a looooonge way.

• 2 weeks later...

The outer sleeves arrived from Energy Suspensions. The sleeve is part number 15.10.70.39 and speced at 0.750" OD x 0.630" ID x 1.830" Long on the order form.

Problem is I'm measuring 0.640" Inner Diameter and the spin and slide freely on a brand new spindle... :disappoin

This one is tooo big, and this one is tooo small.....

Depends on your goal, Brian. I will be using stock rubber on my red car, but it will never see the track and seldom (if ever) an auto-cross. So rubber is fine for me.

I am going with the stock...

I cannot imagine the energy suspension parts offer that much of a performance improvement, I have already upgraded the moustache bar, rear sway bar and diffy mount to the poly.

I'll suffer with the stock performance on the spindles as I want this done in an afternoon not 2 weeks while I wait on the right casting from Energy Suspension. :rolleyes:

My 3 cents.

Yes, I need some coffey.