Original Keys pictures - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Original Keys pictures

Featured Replies

Do any of you still have your original round key with an embossed "N" in it? (Has holes too) If so, could you post a picture. Better yet does anyone know where to get a blank N key? (w/o purchasing a set)

My 2/71 Z had such a key but the ignition barrel took a dump. Now all I can find is the ugly no-class keys you get at the locksmith.

Jim

Your locksmith should be able to rekey the new cylinder to use the same old key. I had this done when the ignition cylinder failed last year. My old originals are retired and I use the new "no-class" for daily use. That is, if they were getting daily use these days.

here's acouple of pictures of my original key... hope it helps.....

post-7417-14150799421806_thumb.jpg

post-7417-1415079942275_thumb.jpg

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

The last time I saw one of those key blanks for sale it was extremely expensive.

Here's an alternative to the 'no-class' locksmith blank. I know these aren't the original type, and I'm not sure if they work on a 240Z, but these are what I use as spares on my 280Z (KEY00-00056) and my 810 (KEY00-00055). They're both still available through Nissan.

post-3797-14150799423987_thumb.jpg

  • Author

Just logged in... Thanks for the pics of the round key. This will help me show people what I'm looking for when asking around.

I have a working (but different) key for the ignition. My original "N" key was getting too smooth to unlock the doors so I retired it. Several years/moves later I can't find it. It just felt like more of a classic car when I used the N key.:)

Thanks

Jim

Here's an alternative to the 'no-class' locksmith blank. I know these aren't the original type, and I'm not sure if they work on a 240Z, but these are what I use as spares on my 280Z (KEY00-00056) and my 810 (KEY00-00055). They're both still available through Nissan.

That key looks identical to my 240Z key, but flipped. The "grooves" in the key you showed are towards the left, whereas mine are towards the right.

from my ZX (for comparision, if the slots/grooves are different)

post-11908-1415079942589_thumb.jpg

Hopefully I will do this successfully but my key looks slightly different. I don't know if it is an age thing or not but my key is more squared off. It is original to the car and I have both sets. Carl

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.