IGNORED

This wont last long (Datsun 240K FS Sydney)

Alfadog

http://carpoint.com.au/used-car/DATSUN/SKYLINE/New%20South%20Wales/2252865.aspx

Yes, same car as the black one that both Peter (440K) and myself have looked at. The buyer must have transported it to Sydney. Now it's up for sale again. When I had a look (it was raining) it did look pretty straight and with not much rust. Has a load of bits and now with brake booster it'll actually be driveable.

For someone wanting a 240K project, this will be great.

what importing costs?

how much do you think these should cost, anyway?

fact remains that even if you got it over here, it'd require tons more money to make it worth driving and showing

there were a couple on ebay, and nobody really wanted them

people who have money to spend want 510's, z's and roadsters

people who don't have money to spend buy whatever's easy

i actually went and checked out that car, that black skirt think is bizarre.. it is actually metal, and welded to the car! i would say that the car is very rough (especially as the owner says it has been in storage for the past 9 years, the underbody is pretty weathered and surface rusted).

Lachlan.. when you went and had a look at the car, did it have it's Japanese and Australian compliance plates on? they are not there now, and having gone through 90% of the bits in the car, i am doubtful that they are even with the car anymore (the owner certainly had no idea).. this coupled witht the fact that it hasn't been registered for almost 10 years (according to the owner), i would imagine it would be extremely hard to register wouldn't it?

that is freaky man! i did edit my post, but i am NOT victor laury (and never have or will be :))

man this not being able to edit your posts after 2hrs bites :(

On another note.. where exactly should the standard compliance plates be on these cars? the ones i have seen have the Jap plates on the Left hand side of the rear firewall (symetrical to the VIN location), and the australian plate between the passenger front suspension tower and the firewall.. i am guessing the aust plate was put in different locations though, as my car doesn't seem to have drilled holes in this location (my aust plate was put on the firewall after respraying..)

it's Japanese and Australian compliance plates...are not there.. this coupled witht the fact that it hasn't been registered for almost 10 years (according to the owner), i would imagine it would be extremely hard to register wouldn't it?

I would imagine so. I bought a 1600 in NSW with no compliance plates. It was registered at the time, so rang RTA beforehand to see if I'd have troubles. They said that if it remains unregistered for a period of longer than (6 months I think) then the only way to re-register it is to get a letter from Nissan saying that the car complies with all of the factory specs and ADR's applicable at the time it was built.

I can't see that being too easy to get. Mind you, it was over 10 years ago, so things may have changed.

Lachlan.. when you went and had a look at the car, did it have it's Japanese and Australian compliance plates on?

No it did not. That is something important to consider then eh. Like I said I only saw it in the rain so couldn't check underneath but from what I did see it was above average. I have no idea how that rear underspoiler came to be. It's insane isn't it!

I did not edit anyone's posts, as I thought there was some good info/thoughts in amongst the McKrap. Victor Laury is a Moderator too, someone must have reported it as it really wasn't that bad.