IGNORED

What did you do this weekend ?

Noddle

I finally tore the motor out of the 260Z so I could start tearing into it and get the engine bay cleaned up. Got a lot done and feeling better about the whole thing, thus far.

Dave

What specs are you building the motor to?

is that your gts-t too?

Yep, i'm about to put it on ebay for $6000 starting bid, I'm not allowed it as a company car so it has to go. I'll miss it when it's gone.

I've only ever properly gotten into it twice and both times ended up in a lot of smoke and drift through 2nd gear. They're very fun to drive but s#!t on petrol.

I bought the car when I went to look at the "Previously rebuilt motor and trans" after I found out the whole car with motor and trans was only $100 more.

The trans had been rebuilt and a Short shifter was installed but the clutch is fried and needs to be replaced with a Stage 2 or better clutch.

The motor had a simple rebuild already done. (Cleaned the head, new rings and honed, new gaskets etc.) I won't be putting any more money or effort into the motor other than paint and polishing because I have another motor being "BUILT" for it. (An F54 block w/ 50 over bore, new bigger flat tops and rings, ballance and lightened crank, lightened flywheel, rebuilt N42 head, stage 2 cam (480/280) Triple 40DCOE Webers, 3 into 2 Ceramic coated header with dual exhaust thru a dual in/out w/ internal X-over muffler center mounted under the driveline, C-notched fuel tank for true Dual exhaust.

You can follow the hole rebuilt here..... http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3195135