IGNORED

Junkyard & "Out to Pasture" Zs

lonetreesteve

lonetreesteve; are you able to get to that mustard one? There's a few parts that look good for a pilfering for my car. Ahstray, steering wheel, hard to find early car parts...

All these cars are in better nick than the 'average' $5,000 project here in Aus. Bleh!

Well there aren't any here either.

That's strange, I always thought of AZ as one of the few places where Zs and rust-free Z parts were abundant. Heck, there's even several Z-car companies based in the Phoenix area that sell used and reproduction Z-car parts, others that have stockpiled Zs & old Z parts and others that do Z-car restorations. In fact, I bought my latest project in the Phoenix area a few years ago from a private seller and it was virtually rust-free after spending its entire life there.

lonetreesteve; are you able to get to that mustard one? There's a few parts that look good for a pilfering for my car. Ashtray, steering wheel, hard to find early car parts...
I passed on the car since the seller wanted $1,800.00 for it. I thought that was too much to spend for a Series I parts car since it was too rusted out to restore. Not sure what happened to the car since it's no longer on Craigslist.

That's a good one, Wade! A wooden gas cap.....that's the first time I think I've ever seen that before.

That picture may be the saddest Z, but to me, the picture below from post #45 of his thread posted back in 2008 is the loneliest Z I've ever seen.

post-6600-14150824298316_thumb.jpg

Hey Steve I want the hood off that silver one! Where's it located?

Wade,

Most of the pics were pulled more recently with the exception of the silver 280z with the hood that you like -it was in a folder from 2011 and I don't have any notes on it - so I'm sorry to say that I'm sure that it's long gone by now.

That's strange, I always thought of AZ as one of the few places where Zs and rust-free Z parts were abundant. Heck, there's even several Z-car companies based in the Phoenix area that sell used and reproduction Z-car parts, others that have stockpiled Zs & old Z parts and others that do Z-car restorations. In fact, I bought my latest project in the Phoenix area a few years ago from a private seller and it was virtually rust-free after spending its entire life there.

I passed on the car since the seller wanted $1,800.00 for it. I thought that was too much to spend for a Series I parts car since it was too rusted out to restore. Not sure what happened to the car since it's no longer on Craigslist.

There are a lot of private stashes here but there are no cars in the junk yards. I and a few others buy cars to part out but they are gettting hard to find.

And you left it there WHY????

Just can't stand to see that kind of thing, I hope this thread don't go to far. No offence but we love Z cars. WE don't wanna see 'em that way unless you're gonna save her from utter doom. She looks like she's got plenty of good parts left.

JM2CW

Dave.

Personally I love seeing these photo's because it's not a finished product. It's potential. You can look at it see what's missing and what can become of it. I know where to find a couple 280Z's and a ZX in central IL salvage yard. Not my style but I still plenty of parts left to part off them or even bring them back to life for someone.

The first two pics of the blue Z are from the Wangan Midnight movie, so they are fake, only meant to look like a junk yard find. I doubt you would never find a complete Z like that in a boneyard today.

http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/blog/2008/12/10/new-wangan-midnight-movie-in-the-works/wanganmidnigh03/

-Mike

Those pictures are NOT from Wangan Midnight. The blue S30 at the wreckers in Wangan Midnight is on the ground, and you see the left side of the car, not the right, though IIRC there is a close up of the right side front brakes and strut. It is also a 2+2. If you pay close attention, you can see that the hood that was on the blue 2+2 in the wreckers was later used in the movie on the 2 seater (the actual Devil Z"), after the scene where it gets crashed, to be repaired... again...

Worst movie of all time, well tied with 200 MPH. The ONLY reason I did not shut it off after about 15 minutes is because it has the S30 as the main character car.

There are a lot of private stashes here but there are no cars in the junk yards. I and a few others buy cars to part out but they are gettting hard to find.

Sounds like Z-Car Source of Arizona and others have bought up all of the old Z-Cars out of the junkyards in the Phoenix area. I guess the only alternative is to buy from a private party on Craigslist, etc. Nothing like an S30 that spent its entire life in the Arizona desert....I absolutely love my rust-free example!

post-6600-14150824455314_thumb.jpg

post-6600-14150824456028_thumb.jpg

post-6600-1415082445666_thumb.jpg

post-6600-14150824457279_thumb.jpg

post-6600-14150824457894_thumb.jpg