IGNORED

Junkyard & "Out to Pasture" Zs

lonetreesteve

• 1 month later...

My understanding is that 1/71 cars are Series I 240Zs.
Some are, but some aren't. There are even a few that are mixed with both Series 1 & 2 parts. You'd need to look at it closely to decide.

I have a brother that would get me parts out your way, did you find any of these at a salvage yard recently. I know the orange one is a salvage yard. Also ware at?

The orange car is in Las Vegas and the owner is asking $3,500.00 for it; here's the link: http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/2357053436.html

If you are looking for parts and your brother lives in or near Colorado, there are some yards here that have 240Zs with some good parts.

Edited by lonetreesteve

• 3 weeks later...

Hello All,

Pick-A-Part Ontario: I went to the yard again to get minor things and saw a new 240z (built: 11/72) and one that had been there a while (built: 3/71). Both were very fruitful cars.

The orange one had a complete power antenna and a reclining mechanism cover with the screw holes intact, but it had a crack in the middle. Are any of those worth saving?

post-21059-14150814930702_thumb.jpg

post-21059-14150814931243_thumb.jpg

Edited by Decoy12

I'd take the antenna with a pointy end. Also a good hatch-shock can fetch good money like on the orange one

Hey AJ, I went back for the antenna with the pointy end, it seems intact by I know they are notorious for breaking and parts to rebuild are hard to come by. They actually both had them, but the grey one had the mast off of the main body. I went back to get the tail lights off of the orange one, but as I got there someone was walking away with them...

FWIW: The Orange is HLS30-132059 and the Grey is HLS30-26075.

Edited by Decoy12